Students Rights and Responsibilities - Disabled Students Programs and Services
- Participation in DSPS is voluntary.
- Receiving accommodations/support services through DSPS shall not preclude a student from also participating in any other course program, or activity offered by the college.
- All records maintained by DSPS personnel pertaining to my disability(ies) shall be protected from disclosure and shall be subject to all other requirements for handling student records.
- Students have the right to file a grievance if they feel they have been discriminated against by following the Student Complaint process. We encourage students first communicate with their DSPS Counselor or the DSPS Director.
- NOTE: Authorities cited: Title 5 C.C.R Section 56000 et seq. Education Code sections 66701, 67301-37312, 70901, 84850.
- Proved DSPS with the necessary documentation to verify a disability.
- Students will request accommodations, alternate media, testing accommodation appointments according to DSPS guidelines and timelines.
- Notify DSPS in advance of any absences from class or appointments if you are using interpreters, real-time captioners and/or support service providers. Failure to notify DSPS may result in the loss of service)
- Return any equipment on loan from DSPS at the end of each semester (if the equipment is not returned, students will be held responsible and a hold will be put on their academic records)
- Students must maintain behavior appropriate in an educational setting.
- Students must possess the ability to negotiate the campus facilities either independently or with assistance of an attendant provided by the student.
- Students must possess the ability to take care of personal needs unassisted or to provide an attendant for such purposes.
- Students must possess a stable level of health in order to benefit from a full semester/term of class participation.
- Students are to assume personal responsibility of taking any medication.
- Students are required to follow the Standards of Student Conduct as established by the college.