EOPS - Extended Opportunity Programs and Services
The EOPS Journey
You may also download The EOPS Journey (PDF, 15 MB).
EOPS will begin accepting applications for the Fall 2016 Semester on June 1, 2016. Please submit all applicable, supporting documents with the application.
Please submit the following supporting documents and information with your completed EOPS application to the EOPS Office by mail, email, or in person at the Newark campus EOPS Dropbox.
- Apply for Financial Aid BOGW Fee Waiver (fafsa.gov).
- Student must provide proof of income for 2015 (for example: tax return, IRS Transcript, IRS Transcript of non-filing, SSI Statement, Unemployment Statement, Letter of Emancipation, Copy of approved undocumented Application, etc.)
- If student is under 24, please provide proof of income for both yourself and parent(s).
- Register for at least 12 units; wait listed classes will not count (unit exceptions may be available for DSPS students, speak to an EOPS staff member for details).
- Provide official transcripts from any other college(s) attended.
- Must have completed less than 70 degree application units from all colleges attended.
- Provide English and Math placement scores.
About the EOPS Program
EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services) is a retention-based program that is designed to assist students by providing special support services offered by the college. It is a program that identifies, recruits, places, and retains students who are affected by language, social and economic barriers.
Video: Choose Your Destiny.
In order to ensure that all students are given equal opportunity for academic success, it is our responsibility to provide comprehensive support services:
- To enhance self-esteem;
- To foster pride and dignity;
- To motivate those whom the program serves; and
- To enable students to effectively define and pursue career goals, and to maintain an open-door policy.
We wish you success in your academic endeavors.
If we may be of any assistance to you or if you have any questions or concerns about EOPS, contact our office.
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 8:30am - 1:00pm
- Saturday, Sunday, Holidays and Breaks: Closed
Telephone, Email, Location
- (510) 659-6152
- Fax (510) 659-6159
- Room 7249, Building 7, second floor, Fremont campus
Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".