CalWORKs - Extended Opportunity Programs and Services
The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program at Ohlone College encourages personal responsibility and accountability. It is committed to helping individuals receive an education and training which will provide employment opportunities. CalWORKs promotes short-term training, as well as life-long learning. The ultimate goal of the program is to assist CalWORKs students with vocational/educational training programs, which will lead to a life of self sufficiency.
Download the Ohlone College CalWORKs Portraits of Success 2013 (PDF, 2.5 MB) or view the online flipbook.
- Academic Advising Services assists students with the development of a County-approved educational plan.
- Career Advising Services helps students choose from a wide range of career choices.
- Welfare-to-Work Support Services provides students with assistance, guidance and support through the Welfare-to-Work transition.
- Childcare Services assists students with childcare referrals and with childcare services.
- Career Services assists students with resume writing, internet job search, interview techniques and job placement, both on and off campus.
For more information, please call (510) 659-6152 or visit the CalWORKs in the EOPS office in Room 7249, Building 7, second floor, Fremont campus.
After an Ohlone College student has been accepted into the CalWORKs program, he/she is given the appropriate information to access these password-protected orientation materials:
- CalWORKs Orientation and Information Session Fall 2012 (PDF)
- CalWORKs Orientation and Information Session Quiz Fall 2012 (PDF)
Additional CalWORKs Information
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about CalWORKs
- Fall 2012 Attendance Reports (PDF)
- Verification of Education (PDF)
- Program Responsibilities (PDF)
- Enrollment Process for CalWORKs students (PDF)
- CalWORKs Student Information Sheet (PDF)
- CalWORKs Student Eligibility Update Form (PDF)
- CalWORKs Handbook (PDF)
- CalWORKs Consent to Release Information Form (PDF)
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".
Adobe Flash Player (free) is required to play the multimedia elements on this page.