EOPS Program Eligibility - Extended Opportunity Programs and Services
- meet income guidelines:
Board of Governors Fee Waiver Program
2017-2018 Income Standards*
Family Size Base Year Income 1 $17,820 2 $24,030 3 $30,240 4 $36,450 5 $42,660 6 $48,870 7 $55,095 8 $61,335 Each Additional Family Member $6,240
*These standards are based upon the federal poverty guidelines, as published each year by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Under Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations, the student or student’s family must have a total income in the base year (in this case, 2015) that is equal to or less than 150% of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Poverty Guidelines based on family size.
The base year is defined as the income year used for the determination of an expected family contribution (EFC) for federal Title IV student financial aid unless professional judgement is exercised by a financial aid office to use the current year income.
These income standards are for the 2017-2018 academic year and are to be used to determine BOGFW-B eligibility effective July 1, 2017.
- be a California resident
- be enrolled as a full-time student at Ohlone College (12 or more units per semester)
- have completed less than 70-degree applicable semester units from all colleges attended
- qualify for a Board of Governors Waiver (BOGW);
- must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- be educationally disadvantaged as determined by EOPS regulations (must qualify under at least one):
- High School/College ESL
- High School/College Remedial (not eligible at the college of attendance for enrollment into college level English or Mathematics course that is applicable to the associate degree).
- Ho High School Diploma/GED
- High School GPA below 2.5 GPA (student must submit an unofficial high school transcript with EOPS application)
If you meet Program Eligibility, go to EOPS Application Requirements / How to Apply for EOPS.
See also EOPS Implementing Guidelines (PDF).Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".