EOPS Program Eligibility - Extended Opportunity Programs and Services
Board of Governors Fee Waiver Program
2015-2016 Income Standards*
Family Size 2013 Income 1 $17,505 2 $23,595 3 $29,685 4 $35,775 5 $41,865 6 $47,955 7 $54,045 8 $60,135 Each Additional Family Member $6,090
* These standards are based upon the federal poverty guidelines, as published each year by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Under Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations, the student or student's family must have a total income in the prior year (in this case, 2012) that is equal to or less than 150% of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Poverty Guidelines based on family size.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services published the 2012 Poverty Guidelines in January 2014.
These income standards are for the 2015-2016 academic year and are to be used to determine BOGFW-B eligibility effective July 1, 2015.
- California Resident
- Enrolled at Ohlone College full-time (at least 12 units)
- Completed less than 70 units from all colleges attended
- Students must apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA), www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Must be educationally disadvantaged as determined by EOPS regulations. (must qualify under at least one):
- High School/College ESL
- High School/College Remedial (not eligible at the college of attendance for enrollment into college level English or Mathematics course that is applicable to the associate degree).
- Ho High School Diploma/GED
- High School GPA below 2.5 GPA (student must submit an unofficial high school transcript with EOPS application)
If you meet Program Eligibility, go to EOPS Application Requirements / How to Apply for EOPS.
See also EOPS Implementing Guidelines (PDF).