About the Faculty Senate
In accordance with Title V of the California Education Code, the Faculty Senate shall make recommendations to the College Administrators and/or District Board of Trustees on matters of educational and professional significance pertinent to the College and/or the District. These matters include:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites and placing courses within disciplines (rely primarily).
- Degree and certificate requirements (mutually agree).
- Grading policies (rely primarily).
- Educational program development (mutually agree).
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success (mutually agree).
- District and college governance structures, as related to faculty roles (mutually agree).
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation activities (mutually agree).
- Policies for faculty professional development activities (mutually agree).
- Process for program review (mutually agree).
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development (mutually agree).
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon between the governing board and the academic senate (mutually agree).
Note: “Rely primarily” means that the Board will rely primarily upon the advice and judgment of the academic senate. “Mutually agree” means that the district governing board and the representatives of the academic senate will have the obligation to reach mutual agreement by written resolution, regulation of policy.
- Accreditation Follow-up Report, March 2015 DRAFT February 17, 2015 (PDF)
- 2015-2020 Education Master Plan DRAFT March 18, 2015 (PDF)
- Draft Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Plan, January 1, 2015 - June 30, 2017 (PDF)
- Program SLOs and Assessment (PDF)
- Academic Dishonesty Information for Faculty
- Ohlone College Faculty Ethics Statement (PDF)
- Guidelines for Classified Employee, Faculty, and Manager of the Year Awards (PDF)
- College Committees and Reporting Structure (PDF)
- Student Equity Plan (SEP), Draft (PDF)
- Student Equity Plan (SEP) Goals and Activities, Draft (PDF)
- Student Success and Support Program (SSSP) Plan, Draft - 2014 (PDF)
- Student Success and Support Program (SSSP) Budget Plan, Draft – 2014 (PDF)
- Senate Bill 850 - Public postsecondary education: community college districts; baccalaureate degree pilot program (PDF)
- Chancellor’s Office Inventory of Approved Courses and Programs
- Academic Senate for California Community Colleges
- American Association of University Professors
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".
Microsoft Windows Media Player (free; Windows) or Flip4Mac (free; Mac) or other browser plug-in/add-on that can play WMV files is required to play the Windows Media Video webcast, video, and/or audio files on this web page. Additional information.