Ohlone Cash for College Workshops for High School Students and Parents
Ohlone College is partnering with local high schools and the California Student Aid Commission to present Financial Aid Cash For College workshops. These workshops are open for High School Students and Parents to learn about completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and what financial aid resources are available.
These workshops are free and one senior from each workshop could receive a $2,000 scholarship.
- All workshops will be held 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- January 13, 2015 – Washington High School, 38442 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA
- January 14, 2015 – Mission San Jose High School, 41717 Palm Ave. Fremont, CA
- January 15, 2015 – Irvington High School, 41800 Blacow Road, Fremont, CA
- January 21, 2015 – Ohlone College, Newark Center, 39399 Cherry St, Newark CA 94560
- January 29, 2015 – Kennedy High School, 39999 Blacow Road, Fremont, CA
Apply for Personal Identification Number (PIN): Before attending the workshop, students and parents should apply for a FAFSA Personal Identification Number (PIN). To apply for a PIN, log onto www.pin.ed.gov. Allow 1 hour to receive the PIN via email. The PIN is used as the electronic signature and should be brought to the workshop to file the FAFSA.
What to bring:
- Social Security Card and Driver’s License or State ID
- 2014 Federal Income Tax Return and W2 forms for both student and parents (if not prepared yet, bring 2012 returns for estimating income)
- 2014 bank statements and investment records
- Any records of untaxed income received such as Social Security benefits, disability benefits, workman's compensation, child support received/paid, TANF benefits, payments to IRAs or 401(k)s, veteran's benefits, or military or clergy allowances
- Alien Registration Number (if you are not a citizen)
- List of colleges applied to or are interested in attending
More incentive to attend: More than $1 billion in Cal Grant awards were available in 2012 to eligible students. The deadline to complete the FASFA and apply for the Cal Grant is March 2, 2015.
For more information: Contact the Ohlone College Financial Aid Office at (510) 659-6150.Skip plugin info.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".