Financial Aid Office
7 Steps to Financial Aid at Ohlone College
- Beginning October 1 of each year student files FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov for the Fall and Spring semesters of the upcoming academic year (which includes Summer term following the Spring semester).
- FILE EARLY! The priority Cal Grant filing date is March 2.
- Ohlone College's school code is 004481.
- A new or renewal FAFSA must be filed every academic year.
- After the FAFSA is processed, the Student Aid Report (SAR) can be accessed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Make sure to read your SAR comments and make needed corrections.
- Ohlone College Financial Aid Office receives FAFSA data from the Department of Education.
- The Financial Aid Office sends emails to students requresting any additional necessary documents.
- Available Missing Information Documents.
- Students return all required documents to the Ohlone College Financial Aid Office. All documents are reviewed. Any corrections are made by the Financial Aid Office.
- File is complete!
- The Financial Aid Office posts the Award Letter on WebAdvisor.
- Please note: The amount of the award is based on full-time enrollment (12 units); students who enroll in less than 12 units will receive less financial aid.
- Financial Aid is made available on Disbursement Day to students in good standing with complete files and award posted.
- All financial aid is disbursed by BankMobile, through the BankMobile VIBE debit card. Students must activate the card and let BankMobile know how they want their funds disbursed. Checks are not disbursed by Ohlone College.
- Disbursements dates are posted on Ohlone College's Financial Aid website and outside the Financial Aid Office (Building 7, second floor on the Fremont campus).
The entire process takes 2-4 months, but can take much longer for students who apply late and don't follow through in a timely manner.