Institutional Programs - Financial Aid Office
Ohlone College Foundation Grants and Scholarship Programs
The Ohlone College Foundation provides grant, scholarship, and loan monies to eligible students. Through its fund raising efforts and individual donations, the Foundation provides funds for awards such as:
- Semester Abroad Scholarships
- Honor Society Scholarships
- Art League European Trip Scholarships
- Valedictorian Scholarships
- Associated Students of Ohlone College Scholarships
- and Drama Department Scholarships
In addition, the Foundation funds the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Matching Grant Program, and the Nursing Book Grant Program.
Ohlone College offers a limited Emergency Short-Term Loan (STL) Program that may allow students having financial difficulties to apply for funds up to $300 per semester. This loan must be repaid to Ohlone College within 60 days or by the end of the semester, whichever comes first. If the loan is not repaid on time, a “HOLD” will be placed on the student’s records, and the account will be referred to an agency for collection. Any recovery fees will be charged to the borrower.
- The student must be enrolled for at least six units.
- Returning students must have completed their previous semester at Ohlone College with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Students must be Pell or Direct Stafford loan eligible.
- If the student has borrowed previously from the College, the student must have a good repayment record.
Contact the Financial Aid Office for application information.