Graduates: General Graduation Information - Ohlone College Fiftieth Annual Graduation Ceremony
- Friday, May 19, 2017
- Epler Gymnasium, Room 9202, Building 9, second floor, Fremont Campus
Students must apply for graduation and be a 2016-17 graduate/candidate. The following students are eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony:
- Fall 2016 graduates
- Spring 2017 candidates (students must have applied for graduation by March 17, 2017)
- Summer 2017 candidates (students must have applied for graduation by April 3, 2017)
Graduates need to meet by 6:15pm in Building 7, second floor.
Tickets are required for guests. Graduates will receive a maximum of 4 tickets for their guests when they purchase their cap, gown, and tassel at the Ohlone College Bookstore by the deadline: Friday, April 28, 2017.
The gym will open at 5:30pm. The graduation ceremony will begin promptly at 7:00pm. Guests who arrive late will be asked to wait outside the gym until the conclusion of the processional when the doors will reopen for late-arriving guests.
Guests without a ticket have the option of viewing the ceremony in the Jackson Theatre in the Smith Center or watching the ceremony on a computer, tablet or smartphone. Tickets are not required for guests in the Jackson Theatre. Seating is limited and will be available on a first come, first served basis. (Map of Pathway to Overflow Seating in Jackson Theatre at the Smith Center.)
Graduates should leave personal belongings (purses, coats, suit jackets, etc.) with family and friends, since there is nowhere to store personal belongings during the ceremony.
Cell phones and pagers must be turned off (or silenced) during the ceremony—or, better yet, left outside of the gym.
The ceremony will end around 8:30pm.
ASOC is sponsoring a Graduation Reception at the Promenade by Building 7 after the ceremony. Please invite your guests to attend the reception with you.
Parking is free for the graduation ceremony.
Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the Ohlone campus.
- When is Graduation?
- General Graduation Information
- Instructions for Graduates
- Academic Regalia (Caps, Gowns, Tassels, and Honor Cords)
- ASOC Graduation Reception
- How Do I Ensure that I Receive My Degree?
- Degrees and Diplomas
- Announcements, Photographs, and Video
- Frequently Asked Questions