Gallaudet University Regional Center - West
- Are you looking for information on professional development opportunities?
- Are you searching for assistance in planning programs or workshops?
- Are you searching for academic excellence?
- Or, are you seeking technical assistance related to the education of deaf and hard of hearing students?
The Gallaudet University Regional Centers (GURCs) are available to assist you.
View the list of all GURCs.
The GURCs bring the resources of Gallaudet University, the world’s only liberal arts university for deaf and hard of hearing people, to your region through partnerships with four host sites:
- Northern Essex Community College, Haverhill, Massachusetts (GURC – East)
- John A. Logan College, Carterville, Illinois (GURC - Midwest)
- Austin Community College, Austin, Texas (GURC - South)
- Ohlone College, Fremont, California (GURC - West)
Through the GURCs, Gallaudet University capitalizes on partnerships developed with the host institutions. Since 1983, the GURC - West has helped to bring the mission of the university alive in the regions; by providing educational opportunities, professional development, information dissemination, building local and regional alliances and promoting excellence in academics for Deaf and Hard of Hearing students. The Western Region administered by the Gallaudet University Regional Center is comprised of the following 13 states: AK, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY.
The GURCs offer training workshops, technical assistance, and extension courses. The GURCs address the educational, transition, and professional development needs of deaf and hard of hearing people, their families, and the professionals who work with them.
The GURCs work within the Gallaudet University office of National Outreach. The GURCs coordinate many of their activities through various departments within Gallaudet and the Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center at Gallaudet University. To support the promotion of academic excellence the regional centers work with the Office of Youth Programs which coordinates the Gallaudet University Academic Bowl.
The Gallaudet University Regional Centers connect and share resources between organizations, services and schools throughout the regions and Gallaudet University, enhancing opportunities for our target constituents.Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".