Commuter Benefit for Employees - Benefits Office
Commuting to work each day can be expensive. The commuter benefit program will help you save money on your commuting costs along with the convenience of automated electronic fulfillment. MyCommuterCheck provides Vouchers, Debit Cards and electronic loading of select Smart Cards for a number of transit authorities through an easy on-line enrollment and benefit management program. We are also committed to preserving the environment and reducing its carbon footprint and wants to encourage its employees to contribute to these efforts by taking public transportation. Together we can save money and the environment at the same time.
Using the MyCommuterCheck website (see “Registration”), you will create an account and place orders for transit and/or parking products. MyCommuterCheck will send your employer information about your selections and instruct them to deduct the proper amounts from your paycheck.
Ordering Vouchers, Smart Cards or Debit Cards
MyCommuterCheck is a national service. Our long-standing relationships with transit authorities across the nation enable us to provide electronic loading of smart cards in selected cities. Once you have created your new account, just select the Transit Order button on the left. Select your Greater Metropolitan Area and choose from the following Transit Smart Cards available:
- Community Transit
- COMPASS Card
- CTA - Chicago Card Plus
- Foothill Transit (West Covina)
- Kitsap Transit
- Long Island Rail Road Monthly
- MBTA - CharlieCard
- METRO (HOUSTON)
- Metro North Railroad Monthly
- Metro SmarTrip® Card
- Metro (Seattle)
- NCTD-The Coaster
- Pierce Transit
- SFRTA Tri-Rail
- TAP Card
- Clipper (TransLink)
- Ventura County Transportation Commission
- Washington State Ferries
Commuter Check Card for Transit: A re-loadable commuter benefit card that is accepted at Transit Agencies or designated transit retail centers where only transit and vanpool passes, tickets, and fare cards are sold.* The Commuter Check Card can be also used at Fare Vending Machines, which saves you time waiting in line and time locating a customer service desk or staffed sales area.
* For compliance reasons the Commuter Check Card can only be accepted at designated outlets that sell transit products exclusively, such as Transit Stations and Kiosks. Stores that sell other products, such as gift shops and pharmacies, will not accept the Commuter Check Card.
Commuter Check for Transit Vouchers: If you cannot find a transit product on the website, you can order a Commuter Check Voucher to purchase the pass you want. Just select Commuter Check Voucher from the product menu and specify the quantity and denomination(s) you desire. MyCommuterCheck will send the vouchers to you, and you can use them to purchase transit passes at designated transit retail outlets.
Other Important Information
- The program is monthly program; log in and place an order to be fulfilled on a monthly basis. Orders must be entered by the 10th of the month two months prior to the benefit period. For example, to receive an order for use in January, you must place your order before November 10. Changes must be made online before the cut-off date of the 10th of the month for the upcoming month.
- Use the convenient recurring settings option to request funds to automatically be loaded to your smart card each month. Don’t worry; we’ll email you a reminder so remember to give us a valid email address when you register.
- Pre-tax deductions are allowed up to the limit of $127 per month for transit.
- There is a $3 service charge for enrollment in this program.
- No retroactive changes may be made.
Registering and placing orders is easy. Follow these simple steps to get started.
- Go to: https://www.mycommutercheck.com**
** MyCommuterCheck is designed to work with Microsoft Explorer Version 6.0 and above.
From the main landing page, select First time user? on the menu to the left of the page.
To register, you will need the following information:
- Company ID: 109299
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Zip Code:
All information must match your employer’s records at the time of eligibility; this information is used to authenticate you as a user in the system. So, if your employer’s records list you as James instead of Jim, you will want to enter James in the first name field. If you have any trouble with the process, please contact Customer Support at (888) 235-9223.
Once you have entered this data, you will advance to another page where you are asked to enter your personal demographic information, set your password, and set your user name. Note that this is the information we will use to contact you about your orders. The system will send email reminders about your orders as well, so make sure to enter a valid email address.
Important Registration Tips
- Username: Must consist of at least 6 characters (symbols are okay, spaces are not)
- Password: Must consist of at least 6 characters
Contacting Customer Support
Customer Support is available to assist you with registration, placing an order or any other questions or concerns you may have. Our skilled representatives are available Monday through Friday from 5:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time. You can reach Customer Support as follows:
If you have more questions, Customer Support is available to assist you with registration, placing an order or any other questions or concerns you may have. You can reach Customer Support, Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm Eastern Time, as follows:
You may also view MyCommuterCheck Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) as well.Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".