Employee Learning Portal: Professional Learning Network - Human Resources and Training
The Professional Learning Network, supported by the Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative (IEPI), is now providing unlimited access to Lynda.com for all California Community College employees.
Here are just a few of the benefits to using Lynda.com:
- Courses include a wide variety of technology and disciplines
- Up-to-date content helps to keep your skills current
- New courses are added every week
- Access to instructors’ exercise files let you follow along as you watch tutorials
- Closed captioning and searchable, timecoded transcripts for increased comprehension
- Beginner to advanced courses to learn at your level
- Watch complete courses or individual tutorials as you need them
We encourage you to play around in the portal, learn as much as you can, and enjoy!
Instructions for Setting Up Your Professional Learning Network Account
Note: You must use the Professional Learning Network link below to access lynda.com.
- Go to the Learning Academy of the Professional Learning Network
- Shortly after registering, you will receive an email with a link to activate your account. Once activated, you will receive a second email with a link to log on to your account.
- Select the "Learn" link in the menu at the top of the page
- Select "Lynda.com" on the Learn page
- If you were a previous user of Lynda.com and would like to transfer your previous training history, playlists, and bookmarks, you must select “yes” when asked, “Are you a current or former member of Lynda.com?” By selecting "yes", you will need to type in your old lynda.com username and password.