Job Opening: Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach - Human Resources and Training
- Part-Time Position starting Fall Semester, 2014
- Stipend amount of $1,510 for the Competition Season
Cover Letter and Resume must be submitted to the Head Coach, Jeremy Penaflor, Ohlone College, 43600 Mission Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: The College reserves the right to continue or close this recruitment at any time.
- Under the direction of the Head Women’s Volleyball Coach, perform all duties normally expected of a community college assistant coach including the following:
- Recruitment of players; supervision of practices, games and travel; assist in hiring student managers, maintain positive relationships with all feeder programs; conduct fundraising activities, adhere to district, conference and CCCAA regulations
- Additional opportunity available to work within the community education department for fee based assignments.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
Masters Degree in Physical Education or related field with two years of collegiate volleyball coaching.
BA Degree and two years volleyball coaching experience OR AA Degree and six years volleyball coaching experience
Evidence of sensitive to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
The following should be submitted:
- Current cover letter and resume.
- All materials submitted with your application will be considered for this opening only, become District property, and will not be returned.
- All applicants will be screened based on the information provided in this announcement. Interviews will be conducted by invitation only.
- All travel arrangements will be at the applicant’s expense
- If you are in need of special services (i.e. equipment) to interview for this opening, please contact the Human Resources Department at www.ohlonejobs.com
Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986
Applicants selected for positions will be required to provide identification and employment eligibility as outlined in the federal “Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986.” Pre-employment tests and/or medical examinations may be required.
Ohlone Community College District
A multi-campus single community college district, Ohlone College is located in the southern portion of the San Francisco Bay in California; serving 12,000 students per year. The District has a main campus in the City of Fremont and a newly constructed campus in the City of Newark. Ohlone College is an ethnically diverse institution that promotes innovation and continuous improvement in departments and divisions. The College is named for the native population living in the area when Mission San Jose was founded. The Fremont campus is located just south of the historical San Jose Mission. The Newark Campus is located near Interstate 880 and emphasizes programs in health, environment, and technology.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ohlone College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or marital status in employment, in any educational program or in the provision of benefits and services to its students.Skip plugin info.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".