As workshops and events are scheduled, they will be announced to employees via email and posted on this web page. Some workshops are also open to Ohlone students (please check workshop description). A list of and materials from previous workshops are available in the Archive of HR Workshops.
Lunch and Learn Workshops
Dealing with Difficult Behavior
- Thursday, October 2, 2014
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Room 7101, Building 7, first floor, Fremont campus
- RSVP to Dealing with Difficult Behavior
Difficult behavior creates frustration, reduces team morale, interferes with job performance, and generally creates havoc and resentment in interpersonal relationships.
This seminar will focus on defining difficult behavior, identifying unhealthy reactions, learning how to set limits, how to respond in productive ways when confronted with bad behavior, and how to change our own behavior to maximize the possibility of achieving harmonious relationships at work and at home.
- Welcome & CONCERN:EAP Overview
- What is Difficult Behavior?
- Ineffective Responses to Difficult Behavior
- Healthy Responses to Difficult Behavior
- Specific Difficult Behavior Patterns
- Confronting Patterns Successfully
- Achieving Harmonious Relationships
- Action Plan
- Role Play
- Wrap up & Evaluation
Additional Upcoming Workshops
Workshop descriptions to be announced.
- Fall 2014
- Workplace Violence Awareness for Employees, October 30, 2014
- Rev Up Your Metabolism, November 13, 2014
- Sleep Your Way to a Better, Healthier You!, December 4, 2014
- Spring 2015
- Building a Positive Attitude, February 5, 2015
- Emotional Intelligence, March 5, 2015
- The Road to Balance: Your Work & Personal Life, April 2, 2015
- Overcoming Overwhelm: Handling Stress Well, April 23, 2015
- Stress and Resiliency in Tough Economic Times, May 7, 2015
General Employee Training Workshops
Please check back.