As workshops and events are scheduled, they will be announced to employees via email and posted on this web page. "Lunch and Learn Workshops" are also open to Ohlone students.
"Lunch and Learn Workshops" are also open to Ohlone students.
- Thursday, May 7, 2015
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Room 7101, Building 7, first floor, Fremont campus
- RSVP to Stress and Resiliency in Tough Economic Times
Financial/economic stress is extremely common. Economic turmoil can result in a whole host of negative health effects - both physical and mental. It can be particularly devastating to emotional and mental well-being and can substantially increase the risk for developing such problems as depression, anxiety, compulsive behaviors and substance abuse.
Please join us to discover ways of building resiliency, managing stress, and learn coping techniques that can be used to manage stress. In this seminar participants will learn:
- To define resiliency
- To define economic stress
- How to build and boost resiliency
- How to successfully manage economic stress
The Human Resources Department is excited to offer a “Learn about Leaves” discussion / meeting for District employees. Learn about the different leaves available to you as an employee of the District (FMLA, CFRA, PDL, ESL).
- Fremont campus, HR Conference Room, Building 19
- Friday, March 13, 2015, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Friday, May 8, 2015, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Thursday, July 9, 2015, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Friday, September 11, 2015, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Newark campus, Room NC1219, first floor, Wing 2
- Friday, April 10, 2015, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday, June 11, 2015, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday, August 13, 2015, 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Friday, October 9, 2015, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- RSVP to Learn about Leaves
The one hour discussion / meeting is an intimate small group discussion about the different leaves available to employees of the District. In this workshop, employees will be able to:
- Know the difference between FMLA , CFRA, and PDL
- Know how the leaves coordinate with each other
- Know what their rights are after FMLA, CFRA, PDL, and ESL are exhausted
Sessions will be offered every month (at the Fremont and Newark campuses) and space is limited to approximately 6 employees per session.
Workshop descriptions to be announced.
A list of and materials from previous workshops are available in the Archive of HR Workshops.