As workshops and events are scheduled, they will be announced to employees via email and posted on this web page. "Lunch and Learn Workshops" are also open to Ohlone students.
"Lunch and Learn Workshops" are also open to Ohlone students.
Emotional Intelligence: The capacity to be aware of, control, and express one's emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.
- Thursday, March 5, 2015
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Room 7101, Building 7, first floor, Fremont campus
- RSVP to Emotional Intelligence
For most people, emotional intelligence (EQ) is more important than one’s intelligence (IQ) in attaining success in their lives and careers. In fact, psychologists generally agree that among the ingredients for success, IQ counts for roughly 10% (at best 25%); the rest depends on everything else — including EQ.
As individuals, our success depends on our ability to read other people’s signals and react appropriately to them. Therefore, each one of us must develop the emotional intelligence skills required to better understand, empathize and negotiate with other people.
In this workshop, participants will learn to:
- Define and recognize the importance of Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Recognize some of your EQ strengths and challenges
- Identify 5 components of EQ
- Pinpoint situations at work that trigger strong feelings and recognize your personal responses to ‘hot buttons’
- Understand how to develop EQ through improved self-awareness and self-regulation skills
- Be better prepared to handle difficult conversations and situations in the workplace.
- Fremont campus, Room 7101, Building 7, first floor
- Thursday, February 19, 2015
- Tuesday, February 24, 2015
- 1:30pm - 3:30pm
- Newark campus, Room NC1100, first floor, Wing 1
- Thursday, February 26, 2015
- 1:30pm - 3:30pm
- RSVP by February 17 to Mandatory IIPP and Workplace Violence Workshop/Training
The Human Resources Department is offering several opportunities for employees to attend the mandatory IIPP (Injury and Illness Prevention Program) and workplace violence training.
In this workshop/training, employees will learn the following:
- Safety responsibilities of employees and management
- Reporting injuries & illnesses, hazardous conditions and corrective actions.
- Indicators of problem behavior and potentially dangerous situations
- Responses / Tactics to various types of workplace violence threats
Workshop descriptions to be announced.
- Spring 2015
- Lunch and Learn Workshop: The Road to Balance: Your Work & Personal Life, April 2, 2015
- Lunch and Learn Workshop: Overcoming Overwhelm: Handling Stress Well, April 23, 2015
- Lunch and Learn Workshop: Stress and Resiliency in Tough Economic Times, May 7, 2015
A list of and materials from previous workshops are available in the Archive of HR Workshops.