As workshops and events are scheduled, they will be announced to employees via email and posted on this web page. Some workshops are also open to Ohlone students (please check workshop description). A list of and materials from previous workshops are available in the Archive of HR Workshops.
Lunch and Learn Workshops
Workplace Violence Prevention
- Thursday, October 30, 2014
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Room 7101, Building 7, first floor, Fremont campus
- RSVP to Workplace Violence Prevention
Violence exists all around us. It exists in our nation, in our communities, in our schools, and in our workplace. It is a very serious and a very real threat. Tragically, workplace violence has become one of the more commonplace reports that we hear on the news.
Nevertheless, we don’t expect it to happen within our own work environment. Our hope is that this is a situation we will never encounter. We believe that by participating in this seminar, it is more likely that you won’t.
This seminar will prepare you to avoid such an event by teaching you to recognize behavioral signs before they escalate to a point of violence. Furthermore, you will learn how to report your concerns in the most appropriate manner, and help you, as an employee, contribute to a safe and secure workplace.
- Welcome, Overview, and Workplace Violence Prevention Questionnaire
- Explanation of Workplace Violence
- Small Group Awareness Exercise
- Company Policy and Procedures
- Recognizing the Aggressive and Potentially Violent Employee
- How to Respond and What to Expect When Reporting
- Case Studies and Practice Documentation
- Wrap up and Evaluation
Additional Upcoming Workshops
Workshop descriptions to be announced.
- Fall 2014
- Rev Up Your Metabolism, November 13, 2014
- Sleep Your Way to a Better, Healthier You!, December 4, 2014
- Spring 2015
- Building a Positive Attitude, February 5, 2015
- Emotional Intelligence, March 5, 2015
- The Road to Balance: Your Work & Personal Life, April 2, 2015
- Overcoming Overwhelm: Handling Stress Well, April 23, 2015
- Stress and Resiliency in Tough Economic Times, May 7, 2015
General Employee Training Workshops
Please check back.