As workshops and events are scheduled, they will be announced to employees via email and posted on this web page. "Lunch and Learn Workshops" are also open to Ohlone students.
"Lunch and Learn Workshops" are also open to Ohlone students.
- Thursday, April 2, 2015
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Room 7101, Building 7, first floor, Fremont campus
- RSVP to The Road to Balance
Feeling overwhelmed and overextended has become a very common feeling among employees who are striving for balance in their lives. There is no question that the demands of work and family often conflict. As well, it is difficult to care for yourself when trying to meet the needs of family and co-workers.
In this seminar, you will learn:
- To look at ways to balance the pressures, expectations, and desires in your life by identifying priorities.
- You will explore how achieving and maintaining balance can improve the quality of your life.
- Strategies for dealing with work and personal stress
All employees are highly encouraged to attend.
- Newark campus, Room NC1100, first floor, Wing 1
- Thursday, March 12, 2015, 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Fremont campus, Room 7101, Building 7, first floor
- Thursday, March 19, 2015, 10:30am - 11:30am
- Thursday, March 26, 2015, 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- RSVP to Emergency Action Plan and Fire Extinguisher Training
In this workshop/training, employees will learn the following:
- Fire extinguisher usage
- Fire extinguisher maintenance and requirements
- Emergency protocols for the following situations:
- Active shooters/violent persons/Acts of Terrorism
- Bomb Threats (phone & mail)
- Chemical releases
- Power Outages
- Noise Complaints
- Odor Complaints
- Evacuation assembly areas
- Evacuation responsibilities for employees & managers
Dr. Browning cordially invites you to join her for the annual Classified Employee Appreciation Breakfast:
- Friday, April 17, 2015
- 8:00am - 9:30am
- Cafeteria, Building 5, second floor, Fremont campus
- Open to Ohlone CSEA, SEIU, and DDAS employees
- RSVP to Employee Appreciation Breakfast
The Human Resources Department is excited to offer a “Learn about Leaves” discussion / meeting for District employees. Learn about the different leaves available to you as an employee of the District (FMLA, CFRA, PDL, ESL).
- Fremont campus, HR Conference Room, Building 19
- Friday, March 13, 2015, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Friday, May 8, 2015, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Thursday, July 9, 2015, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Friday, September 11, 2015, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Newark campus, Room NC1219, first floor, Wing 2
- Friday, April 10, 2015, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday, June 11, 2015, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday, August 13, 2015, 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Friday, October 9, 2015, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- RSVP to Learn about Leaves
The one hour discussion / meeting is an intimate small group discussion about the different leaves available to employees of the District. In this workshop, employees will be able to:
- Know the difference between FMLA , CFRA, and PDL
- Know how the leaves coordinate with each other
- Know what their rights are after FMLA, CFRA, PDL, and ESL are exhausted
Sessions will be offered every month (at the Fremont and Newark campuses) and space is limited to approximately 6 employees per session.
Workshop descriptions to be announced.
- Spring 2015
- Lunch and Learn Workshop: Overcoming Overwhelm: Handling Stress Well, April 23, 2015
- Lunch and Learn Workshop: Stress and Resiliency in Tough Economic Times, May 7, 2015
A list of and materials from previous workshops are available in the Archive of HR Workshops.