iPhone Email Tutorial - Information Technology (IT) Department
Email accounts are provided to Ohlone College employees. Students are not provided email accounts at Ohlone College.
Steps to set up your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad for Microsoft Exchange:
- Press Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account... > Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your email address in the Email field.
- Your email address is *****@ohlone.edu
- Enter your Username (network username) and password (network password).
- Do specify a domain: ADMIN (in caps)
- Enter Ohlone Email in the Description field.
- Press Next.
- You might get one or more messages:
- If you receive the message, "Cannot Verify Server Identity," press Continue.
- If you receive the message, "Unable to Verify Certificate," press Accept.
- A field labeled Server will appear below Email.
- Enter email.ohlone.edu into the Server field.
- Check the window for SSL enabled.
- Press Next.
- You may receive the message, "Unable to Verify Certificate," a second time. (This is normal.) If you get this message, press Accept.
- You will now be asked what information you would like to synchronize between your iPhone and Exchange. You have three options: Mail, Contacts, Calendar. Refer to the information labeled, "Synchronization Choices," above. We recommend syncing calendar and mail only.
- If you turn on Contacts or Calendars, then you will get a message that asks whether you would like to keep or delete the local data on your device.
- Press Keep to keep the existing contacts or calendar events on your device. Your contacts or calendar events from Exchange will be added to your device.
- Press Delete to permanently delete the contacts or calendar events on your device and replace them with with the contacts or calendar events in Exchange.
- If you turned on Contacts, then you will get a message that warns you about duplicate entries.
- Press Keep to continue. Contacts with identical names will be merged into a unified view. For example, if you have a local contact named "Reggie Redbird" on your device and a contact named "Reggie Redbird" in Exchange, the information from both contacts will be merged into a unified view. If you do not want these two contact entries to be merged into a unified view, you can unlink them so that they appear as separate entries in Contacts on your device.
- Press Cancel to back out without making any changes.
- Press Save.