Voicemail User Guide - Information Technology Services Department
NEC UM8700 Voicemail System Instructions
- NEC UM8700 Quick Reference Card (PDF)
- NEC UM8700 On-Campus and Off-Campus Access (PDF)
- NEC UM8700 Voice Mailbox Setup (PDF)
Turn on date and time stamping for your voicemail box as follows:
- Access your voicemail box
- Enter 3 for Phone Manager
- Enter 2 for Messaging Options
- Enter 6 for Message Envelope Settings
- Enter 1 to turn on Message Envelope (date and time of message) before hearing each voicemail message
Enter 2 to turn on Message Envelope after hearing each voicemail message
Quick Troubleshooting Tips
You've set up your Voice Mail Account, but you are still not getting voice mail?
To insure that your calls go to your voice mail while you are on the phone or away from your desk Dial 10 + 6155.
You will hear a confirmation tone. (If there's a fast busy signal, the feature has already been selected.)
To cancel this feature (Call Forward Busy/No Answer), dial 11.
It is recommended that everyone program her/his phone and leave it. Also, if you ever need to FORWARD your calls to another line, dial 12 + the extension number you are forwarding calls to. Cancel by dialing 13.