International Student Admissions - International Programs and Services
Karen HoYan Chan
Hong Kong, China
—Transferred from Ohlone College to U.C. Berkeley; Graduated with double major:
B.A. Business Administration,
B.S. Environmental Economics & Policy
"Going to Ohlone is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made!
With the excellent counseling support, variety of classes and great leadership opportunities, I fulfilled my transfer plan and got into the university I want.
With the solid foundation I built at Ohlone, I graduated as expected from UC Berkeley."
How to Apply to Ohlone College
You may first wish to review Frequently Asked Questions related to applying.
Students in the United States or intending to come to the United States on the F-1 Student Visa must complete the following International Student Application process.
Deadlines are May 31 for the Fall semester and October 31 for the Spring semester.
Download the International Student Application (PDF)
Complete the International Student Application and submit it along with all required documents (see the Application Checklist included in the Application) to the following address:
International Programs and Services
43600 Mission Boulevard
Fremont, CA 94539-5847
Admitted students will receive an Ohlone College Acceptance Packet. The Acceptance Packet will include:
- An Ohlone College Form I-20
- An Admission letter from Ohlone College
- Information on new International Student Orientation (usually one week before the start of classes)
- Information on class registration, health insurance, and other related matters
- Information on how to apply for an F-1 Student Visa
Upon arrival to the United States, new Ohlone College international students should report to the Office of International Programs and Services for advisement. Please refer to your Acceptance Packet for information on what documents you should bring with you.
Newly admitted Ohlone College international students must take Math and English placement tests before being able to register in classes, in order to determine which Ohlone classes they are eligible to take.
Students who are full-time F-1 Visa-holding students at another institution, and who wish to take only 1 or 2 courses concurrently at Ohlone College, may do so by completing a regular student application (PDF), and submitting that to the Ohlone College International Programs and Services office, along with the following 5 items:
- A copy of their current I-20 from their main institution
- A copy of their passport
- A copy of their Student Visa
- A copy of their I-94
- A letter of approval to enroll concurrently at Ohlone College, from a Designated School Official (DSO) in the International Student office or an International Student Counselor at their main school.
These procedures apply for each term of enrollment, Spring, Summer or Fall. Also, students wishing to take courses concurrently at Ohlone College for more than one term must submit, to the Ohlone College International Programs and Services office, a new letter of approval from a Designated School Official (DSO) in the International Student office or an International Student Counselor at their main school, before the start of each term.
Deaf international students must also complete and submit the supplemental International Deaf Student Application (PDF), in addition to the other required International Student Application (PDF) documents. Questions about the International Deaf Student Application or deaf student services at Ohlone College may be directed to Nan Zhou, Ohlone College Deaf Studies Counselor, at email@example.com.
Students holding other Visas who do not intend to or need to change their Visa type to F-1* will complete the regular application process and submit evidence of their immigration status and California residency to Admissions and Records at that time.
* B-2 Tourist Visa-holders and F-2 Dependent Visa-holders must change their Visa to F-1 Student status before beginning Ohlone College studies. Contact the International Programs and Services office for more information. ←
Students residing outside the U.S. and who wish to enroll in Ohlone College online courses should do the following:
- Submit an online application to Ohlone College. Use this form only if you are applying for online classes. Do not use it to apply for regular college classes.
- Fax the online application confirmation to Ohlone College at (510) 659-7321. Please add that you are an international student outside the United States wishing to take an online class, and mention your country of residence.
- Please be aware that you will be charged non-resident, non-citizen tuition for each unit in which you enroll.
- See the Tuition and Fees line item for the current per-unit cost.
- When your application has been approved, and the time for registration has arrived, you will be able to register and pay online using WebAdvisor.
- For application or registration questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and for payment questions contact email@example.com.
- Complete the sign-up process for web classes, and proceed with the class. Questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions. Or, contact the Ohlone College Office of International Programs and Services by telephone at (510) 659-6439, or by email at:
Degree Program Applications and Admissions Questions
International Admissions Coordinator
Room 7330, Building 7, third floor, Fremont campus
International Student Services Questions and ELI Application Questions
International Student Services Coordinator
Room 7324, Building 7, third floor, Fremont campus
International Programs and ELI (English Language Institute) Questions
Director, International Programs & Services
Room 7323, Building 7, third floor, Fremont campus
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".