Newly Admitted International Students - International Programs and Services
Greetings from Ohlone College! We are excited that you will be joining us soon. Please click on one of the following links for important information:
To get started, you should do the following things, in order:
Closely read the Getting Started at Ohlone College document you received with your acceptance materials.
Once you know your date of arrival to the U.S., email Ms. Kristi Radke (firstname.lastname@example.org), International Programs and Services Coordinator, to make an appointment to check-in. Bring your passport and I-20 to that appointment, since we will make photocopies of those items.
After this appointment, take an English Placement test and a Math Placement test. Detailed information about those tests will be given to you at your appointment at the International Programs and Services Office.*
Make an appointment with an Ohlone College Counselor for a time and date after your tests (and, the earlier the better). The Counselor will recommend courses you should take based upon your academic background, Placement Test results, and future educational goals. You may make an appointment with an Ohlone College Counselor by going to the Counseling Window, in Building 7, third floor, Fremont campus. You may also drop-in, without an appointment, to meet a Counselor at the times and dates listed on the Counseling for International Students page.
Sign up for WebAdvisor access. WebAdvisor is the online system you use to register for your classes. Information on how to do this will be provided to you at the International Programs and Services office, after you see an Ohlone College Counselor.
* All new international students are required to take the ESL Placement Test. Students may be eligible to take the English Placement Test instead of the ESL Placement Test if they can demonstrate satisfaction of one of the measures of English proficiency. Contact an international student Counselor for more information.
New International Student Orientation (Required of all new students)
- Thursday, August 16, 2012
- 1:00pm to 5:00pm (please arrive on time)
- Ohlone College Fremont Campus, Room 7101, Building 7, first floor, (Fremont Campus Map) - Note: Room subject to change. Check with the International Programs and Services office to confirm the location.
At Required Orientation you will:
- Meet other new international students
- Meet the International Programs and Services staff
- Meet the Ohlone College Counselors / Academic Advisors
- Learn important Immigration regulations, related to your Visa and I-20
- Learn about Ohlone Clubs
- Have fun