Academic Programs at the Newark Center - Ohlone College Newark Center for Health Sciences and Technology
See also the full list of Associate Degrees and Certificates available at Ohlone College. These programs are located at the Ohlone College Newark Center. Classes may be held at either the Newark Center or Fremont campuses.
- The Ohlone Biotechnology program partners with government and industry advisors to provide award-winning training programs for industry workers, college and high school students to fill industry demands for a trained workforce in the growing field of biotechnology. With 45% of U.S. biotechnology companies located in the Bay Area and an expectation of 8000 new jobs being created in the next year, Ohlone has rushed to the forefront of workforce education with its biotechnology training programs. Learn more about the Biotechnology program.
- Environmental Studies
- The mission of the Ohlone College Department of Environmental Studies is to prepare students to be active participants in shaping a sustainable future. By fostering student understanding of how human society and the environment are interwoven, our program emphasizes the benefits of the triple-bottom line - promoting stewardship of the earth, fostering innovation for a strong economy, and respect, value and equity for the lives of all living things. Learn more about the Environmental Studies program.
- Health and Wellness
- Learn more about the Total Health & Wellness Center offering health and fitness classes, including Yoga, Pilates, and more!
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- The Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program is a two calendar year course of study leading to an Associate in Science Degree and eligibility to take the National PTA licensing examination. The degree requirements include general education, supporting courses, and Physical Therapist Assistant theory and clinical courses. Successful completion of the PTA major field courses and supporting courses meet the Tech Tools graduation requirement. Learn more about the PTA program.
- Registered Nursing
- The Ohlone College Nursing Program enjoys a national reputation for innovative faculty and a cutting edge curriculum that is responsive to changing work force needs. Emerging technology assists our highly educated and motivated faculty to integrate current, evidenced-based nursing practice into student theory and clinical development coursework. As a result, Ohlone nursing graduates are actively sought for employment in the industry. Learn more about the Nursing program.
- Respiratory Therapist
- Respiratory Care is a health care specialty directed at the diagnosis, treatment, management, and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardio-respiratory system. Upon completion of the program graduates are eligible to sit for the California State License Examination for Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP). Once the RCP Credential has been attained graduates are eligible to sit for the Advanced Level Practitioner Examinations (RRT) of the National Board for Respiratory Care. Learn more about the RT program.
- General Education
- A selected array of General Education; fitness and wellness; and lifelong learning courses are integrated into the Newark campus curriculum.
- Community Education and Ohlone-Newark Corporate Learning Institute
- Ohlone College is proud to offer you over 250 interest based, professional development, and career changing programs to choose from in effort to meet your needs. All of our classes are held in convenient locations in our Fremont and Newark communities as well as from the comfort of your own home or office through our variety of online courses. Learn more about Ohlone's Community Education and Workforce Development offerings.