In the News 2009-2010 - Ohlone College Newark Center for Health Sciences and Technology
News articles and press releases specifically related to the Ohlone College Newark Center are re-published on our website. Articles for the current academic year are available in Newark Center in the News. See College Advancement Media Relations for Ohlone College press releases and news articles.
- May Chen Honored as Tai Chi Master of the Year, Ohlone College Press Release, April 20, 2010
- Free Sample Fitness Classes at Ohlone College Newark Center, Ohlone College Press Release, April 12, 2010
- Ohlone College Encourages Latino High School Students to Attend College, Ohlone College Press Release, April 8, 2010
- Going for a Spin: Enthalpy wheels flood the Ohlone College Newark Center for Health Sciences and Technology with fresh air - March 2010, GreenSource Magazine - When the San Francisco office of Perkins+Will originally master-planned a second Newark, California–based campus for Ohlone College, the design team assumed it would ostensibly replicate the broad program of its original strip-mall location in nearby Fremont. Six months into the process, however, a new college head put a halt to the copycatting.
- Institutional Spotlight: Setting an Example (PDF), November/December 2009, Keynotes - When designers were creating the Ohlone College Center for Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Newark, CA, they kept a close eye on its environmental impact. At the same time, the building's security system was just as futuristic and was designed to maximize convenience while providing a compatible level of protection.
- Ohlone center trains students for jobs in green tech sector - September 25, 2009, Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal - Not only did Ohlone College receive platinum LEED certification for its Newark Center for Health Sciences and Technology—the highest level offered by the U.S. Green Building Council—it also designed the campus to incorporate teaching of green principles and environmental issues.
- Sustainable Buildings as Teaching Tools: 4 Strategies for Integrating Buildings into Experiential Learning - September 24, 2009, Building Design and Construction - …The Ohlone College Newark Center for Health Sciences and Technology [emphasis added] in Newark, Calif., has academic programs focus on the growing fields of biotechnology, environmental studies, emerging technology, and health sciences. The campus has received LEED Platinum certification and the alternative energy systems are highly visible to the entire campus population to promote environmental awareness and conservation.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".