In the News 2012-2013 - Ohlone College Newark Center for Health Sciences and Technology
News articles and press releases specifically related to the Ohlone College Newark Center are re-published on our website. Articles for the current academic year are available in Newark Center in the News. See College Advancement Media Relations for Ohlone College press releases and news articles.
- World Tai Chi and Qigong Day draws 300 participants, June 4, 2013, Tri-City Voice - Over 300 participants took part in Ohlone College's First Annual World Tai Chi and Qigong (pronounced Chee-GONG) Day on April 27. Practicing at the Ohlone College Newark Campus, community members and Ohlone students participated in what was truly a worldwide celebration.
- Hundreds Participate in Ohlone College's World Tai Chi and Qigong Day, May 11, 2013, Newark Patch - Over 300 participants took part in Ohlone College's First Annual World Tai Chi and Qigong Day on April 27, 2013. Practicing at the Ohlone College Newark Campus, community members and Ohlone students participated in what was truly a worldwide celebration.
- Ohlone College World Tai Chi and Qigong Day Draws 300 Participants, May 9, 2013
- First Annual World Tai Chi & Qigong Day at Ohlone College, April 24, 2013, Asian Journal - Take part in an unprecedented global health and healing event that will unfold across the globe on Saturday, April 27, at 10am. Beginning in New Zealand, this event will spread time zone by time zone across the globe through 60 countries and across 6 continents.
- World Tai Chi & Qigong Day, April 23, 2013, Tri-City Voice - The entire community is invited to take part in an unprecedented global health and healing event that will unfold across the globe on Saturday, April 27. Beginning in New Zealand, this event will spread, time zone by time zone, across the globe through 60 countries and across six continents.
- "Career Strategies for 21st Century" Employer Event for Laid-off Solyndra Workers, January 17, 2013
- Free career search services for former Solyndra employees and suppliers, January 15, 2013, Tri-City Voice - After the 2011 closure and bankruptcy of Solyndra, the former Fremont-based manufacturer of cylindrical solar panels, approximately 1,100 workers were immediately laid-off. In addition, a large number of Solyndra's suppliers were affected by the abrupt suspension of business, leaving another wave of workers in the unemployment lines. The Tri-Cities One-Stop Career Center at Ohlone College in Newark is working with these job seekers to prepare them for success in the new landscape of the competitive job market of the 21st Century.
- Free Career Search Services for Former Solyndra Employees and Suppliers, January 10, 2013
- Former Solydra Employees Invited to Employer Panel, December 20, 2012, Fremont Patch - Former Solyndra employees are invited to an employer panel hosted by Ohlone Community College and the Tri-Cities One Stop Center. The panel will focus on the "21st Century World of Work" and the event will be held on Friday, Jan. 25 from noon to 2 p.m. at Ohlone College's Newark campus.
- Career strategies for laid-off Solyndra workers, January 22, 2013, Tri-City Voice - A panel of employers will speak on the topic "The 21st Century World of Work," exclusively for Solyndra employees and affected contractors at the Tri-Cities One-Stop Career Center on Friday, January 25. The free event, which requires pre-registration, includes lunch, an employer panel, guest speaker, networking opportunities, and will provide job seekers up-to-date strategies for 21st Century career success.
- Explore Job Opportunities at the Fall Career Fair at Ohlone College Newark Center, October 11, 2012
- Ohlone Hosts Annual Fall Career Fair, October 2, 2012, Newark Patch - Job seekers are invited to the 12th annual Fall Career Fair hosted by Ohlone College and Tri-Cities One Stop Career Center.