New Student Orientation - Counseling Department
New Student Orientations are no longer being offered for the Fall 2014 Semester. Please check back in October 2014 for updated information regarding new Orientation dates.
Orientation is mandatory for all new students planning to enroll in Fall or Spring semesters, except concurrently enrolled K-12 students and those who hold an Associate’s Degree or higher. (Orientation is not required for Summer session enrollment.)
New to College
If you have not completed a college course after high school graduation, you will need to complete Placement Testing and Orientation.
Have attended another college(s)
If you have completed a course at another college after high school graduation:
- Please see a drop-in counselor for an initial transcript review, clearance of any necessary prerequisites, and an initial student educational plan.
- Students will need to attend an Orientation to register for Fall 2014 classes after meeting with a counselor.
- Please bring copies of all your unofficial transcripts when you meet with a counselor.
If you are unable to come in person you can contact the online counselor.
Returning to Ohlone
If you have completed a course at Ohlone college after high school graduation:
Placement testing and orientation are not required. You may want to meet with a counselor to:
- Clear prerequisites (drop-in)
- Discuss transfer credit (appointment)
- Discuss Career Planning (appointment)
About New Student Orientation
Orientation is an important first step in each student’s successful partnership with Ohlone College to develop and realize educational goals. Orientation is designed to familiarize new students with the programs, services, and academic opportunities available to them.
Freshman Days: Ohlone College Orientation
In May of each year, high school seniors are invited to participate in Ohlone's early registration process: Freshman Days: Ohlone College Orientation.