New Student Orientation - Counseling Department
Important! Please note: Orientation is not required for summer enrollment.
Orientation is mandatory for all new students planning to enroll in Fall or Spring semesters, except concurrently enrolled K-12 students and those who hold an Associate’s Degree or higher. (Orientation is not required for Summer session enrollment.)
New Student Orientations are offered during the start of new student registration periods through the first week of classes. Please see the most updated schedule for more details.
|Type of Student||Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|New Student||Mid-May through Late August||Early December & January|
New to College
Students need to complete Placement Testing prior to attending an Orientation session.
Have attended another college(s)
If you have completed a course at another college after high school graduation:
- Orientation is required for all students who are new to Ohlone College. You will need to attend an Orientation in order to register for classes. Attend an Orientation session or do the Online Orientation.
- Please see a drop-in counselor for an initial transcript review, clearance of any necessary prerequisites, and an initial student educational plan.
- Make sure to bring copies of all your unofficial transcripts when you meet with a counselor.
If you are unable to come in person you can contact the online counselor.
Returning to Ohlone
If you did not complete orientation during your first semester at Ohlone, you will need to fulfill this requirement in order to register. Continuing students can take advantage of our online orientation.
You may want to meet with a counselor to:
- Clear prerequisites (drop-in)
- Discuss transfer credit (appointment)
- Discuss Career Planning (appointment)
Are you a new student with questions about orientation, placement testing, or WebAdvisor? Visit a Peer Mentor in the Placement and Orientation Center on the second floor of Building 7, Fremont campus. Peer Mentors are here to help!
About New Student Orientation
Orientation is an important first step in each student’s successful partnership with Ohlone College to develop and realize educational goals. Orientation is designed to familiarize new students with the programs, services, and academic opportunities available to them.
Freshman Days: Ohlone College Orientation
In May of each year, high school seniors are invited to participate in Ohlone's early registration process: Freshman Days: Ohlone College Orientation.