New Student Orientation - Counseling Department
Effective Spring 2014 Orientation is mandatory for all new students, except concurrently enrolled K-12 students and those who hold an Associate’s Degree or higher.
New to College
Have attended another college(s)
If you have completed a course at another college after high school graduation:
- Please see a drop-in counselor for an initial transcript review, clearance of any necessary prerequisites, and an initial student educational plan.
- Students will need to attend an Orientation to register for Fall 2014 classes after meeting with a counselor.
- Please bring copies of all your unofficial transcripts when you meet with a counselor.
If you are unable to come in person you can contact the online counselor.
Returning to Ohlone
If you have completed a course at Ohlone college after high school graduation:
Placement testing and orientation are not required. You may want to meet with a counselor to:
- Clear prerequisites (drop-in)
- Discuss transfer credit (appointment)
- Discuss Career Planning (appointment)
About New Student Orientation
Orientation is an important first step in each student’s successful partnership with Ohlone College to develop and realize educational goals. Orientation is designed to familiarize new students with the programs, services, and academic opportunities available to them.
Freshman Days: Ohlone College Orientation
In May of each year, high school seniors are invited to participate in Ohlone's early registration process: Freshman Days: Ohlone College Orientation.