Online Orientation Login Instructions - Counseling Department
Important! Please note: Orientation is not required for summer enrollment.
Orientation is required for all first time Ohlone students who do not possess an Associate’s degree or higher. Students who wish to request an orientation exemption may complete the Exemption from Matriculation Requirements Request Form.
Steps to completing an Online Orientation
- Request access to Canvas and the Orientation Course by submitting the Online Orientation Workshop Request Form.
- Create your WebAdvisor account (you will need this to log-in to Canvas).
- You will receive a follow up email within 1-2 business days once you are added to the course, with instructions on how to access the Online Orientation.
- Review the course materials, pass each quiz, and email your final assignment.
- Once the instructor reviews and grades your Initial Ed Plan assignment, you will be cleared for Orientation and can register for classes.
Please be aware that the online orientation course can take up three business days to complete, from the time you fill out the request form to clearance.
Steps to Access the Online Orientation Course
You will receive an email once you are added to the course in Canvas. Once you are added, you can access the course by doing the following:
- Go to the Canvas login page and log-in using your WebAdvisor username and password.
- Once you are logged in, please select the Ohlone College Orientation course to access the online orientation.
- Go to the “Pages” option to begin, and go through each module. In order to be cleared from the online orientation, you must do the following:
- Read through each page
- Pass each quiz
- Complete and email your final assignment