Online Orientation Login Instructions - Counseling Department
Orientation is required for all first time Ohlone students who do not possess an Associate’s degree or higher. Students who wish to request an orientation exemption may complete the Exemption from Matriculation Requirements Request Form.
Steps to completing an Online Orientation
- Request access to BlackBoard and the Orientation Course by submitting the Online Orientation Workshop Request Form.
- You will receive a follow up email within 3-5 business days once you are added to the course, with instructions on how to access the Online Orientation.
- Review the course materials, and complete and submit all assignments in the course.
- Once the instructor reviews and grades your assignments (including completion of an Initial Student Education Plan), you will be cleared for Orientation and can register for classes.
Please be aware that the online orientation course can take up to a week to complete, from the time you fill out the request form to clearance.
Steps to Access the Online Orientation Course
Once you have been added to the course, you can access the course by doing the following:
- To access the Online Orientation, log into Blackboard (http://bb-ohlone.blackboard.com).
- Enter your user name: the first two letters of your first name; the first two letters of your last name; followed by the last four digits of your Student ID Number.
- Enter your password: default password is student—in all lowercase letters. (You will be required to change your password on your first login.)
- Once you are logged in, please select the Ohlone College Orientation (under the courses tab) to access the online orientation.