Student Transition and Retention (STAR) Program - Peer Mentors
The STAR Program is currently on hiatus. Please check back later on in the semester for any updates on the program.
Join the STAR Program today!
- Interested in meeting new people?
- Feeling overwhelmed about starting college?
- Have questions about college?
- Not sure of the resources available to you at the college?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the STAR Program is for you!
The Peer Mentors are here to help you succeed in college, not just academically, but socially as well. Students who join the STAR Program are assigned a Peer Mentor, an experienced Ohlone student who will stay with you throughout your first year at Ohlone.
- Your Mentor will contact you on a regular basis to make sure that you are having a successful college experience.
- Your Mentor will be inviting you to a variety of fun monthly events so that you can meet other new Ohlone students.
- You will receive reminders about campus events and important deadlines.
- If you have any problems, your Mentor is always available to help.
- It’s free to join!
Interested in Joining?
Please check back at a later date for information.
Even if you are not officially part of the STAR Program, the Peer Mentors are still available to meet with you and help answer your questions. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 979-7563 to talk with a Mentor.