ESL Placement Information, Schedule, and Reservations - Placement Center
English as a Second Language (ESL)
- The ESL placement process includes an essay on an assigned topic, and computerized assessments on listening, language use, and reading skills. Review these sample questions (PDF) before your ESL placement session.
- Counselors will be available after students complete the essay and computerized assessments to help them select their classes.
- No study guides, cell phones, dictionaries, or other study aids are allowed.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early for your scheduled session .
- You are encouraged to bring food and drinks for the break.
- The ESL placement process takes about 4 ½ hours to complete. It includes a written test, computerized test, orientation, and advising.Students will need to attend the complete session.
- A reservation can be made up to 30 days in advance.
- Due to space limitations, please cancel your reservation if you are unable to attend your session.
- If the date you would like to reserve does not show up as a choice, it may be full. However, we are able to accommodate some walk-ins depending on space available.
Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".