New Student Orientation with Placement Information, Schedule, and Reservations - Placement Center
Welcome to Ohlone College! The New Student Orientation with placement is designed to help you successfully start your academic journey.
- New Student Orientation will familiarize you with Ohlone College and strategies that will help you reach your academic goals.
- After Orientation, you will complete the English and math placement process.
- You will meet with a counselor to go over your results and determine which courses are needed to best meet your academic goals.
- You will also receive assistance with course registration.
Registration for new students begins on December 11th, after completion of the orientation requirement.
|Monday, December 11||9:00am||Fremont Campus, Building 7 1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Tuesday, December 19||12:30pm||Newark Center, 1st Floor Room NC1100|
|Thursday, December 21||9:00am||Fremont Campus, Building 7 1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Wednesday, January 10||12:30pm||Fremont Campus, Building 7 1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Thursday, January 11||9:00am||Newark Center, 1st Floor Room NC1100|
|Tuesday, January 16||12:30pm||Fremont Campus, Building 7 1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Monday, January 22||9:00am||Fremont Campus, Building 7 1st Floor, Room 7101|
*Dates are subject to change. Please check back regularly
Students are strongly encouraged to sign up for a workshop date in advance. Students are able to sign up for workshops 30 days in advance. If the date does not appear, it may be full or it may be too early to sign up for that particular date.
- Due to space limitations, please cancel your reservation if you are unable to attend your session.
- If the date you would like to reserve does not show up as a choice, it may be full. However, we are able to accommodate some walk-ins depending on space available.
- For the Orientation only schedule, please see the Orientation website.
Doing your best will save you time and money. You do not want to be placed in a course that is too low. Refresh your English and math skills. Sample questions and study guides are available on the Placement Center website.
What to Bring
- A valid photo ID
- Your Ohlone Student ID Number