New Student Placement Testing with Orientation, Schedule, and Reservations - Placement Testing Center
Welcome to Ohlone College! The New Student Placement Testing with Orientation is designed to help you successfully start your academic journey.
- New Student Orientation will familiarize you with Ohlone College and strategies that will help you reach your academic goals.
- After Orientation, you will take the English and math placement tests.
- You will meet with a counselor to go over your test results and determine which courses are needed to best meet your academic goals.
- You will also receive assistance with course registration.
- Allow at least 4 ½ hours to attend the session in its entirety. Bring bottled water and a snack to enjoy between components.
If the date you would like to reserve does not show up as a choice, it might be full. However, we may be able to accommodate some walk-ins depending on space available.
|*Please Note: Placement Testing with Orientation is not available during the week of July 4th*||-||-|
|Thursday, July 13th||9:00AM||Newark Campus, NC1100|
|Monday, July 17th||9:00AM||Fremont Campus, Building 7,1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Tuesday, July 25th||12:30PM||Newark Campus, NC1100|
|Monday, July 31st||9:00AM||Fremont Campus, Building 7,1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Thursday, August 3rd||12:30PM||Newark Campus, NC1100|
|Monday, August 7th||12:30PM||Fremont Campus, Building 7,1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Tuesday, August 15th||12:30PM||Fremont Campus, Building 7,1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Wednesday, August 16th||9:00AM||Fremont Campus, Building 7,1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Monday, August 21st||12:30PM||Fremont Campus, Building 7,1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Thursday, August 24th||12:30PM||Fremont Campus, Building 7,1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Monday, August 28th||9:00AM||Fremont Campus, Building 7,1st Floor, Room 7101|
A reservation can be made up to 30 days in advance.
Attention: For the Orientation only schedule, please see the Orientation website.
Doing your best on the placement tests will save you time and money. You do not want to be placed in a course that is too low. Refresh your math and English skills. Sample questions and study guides are available on the Placement Testing Center website.
What to Bring
- A valid photo ID
- Your Ohlone Student ID Number