English and Math Placement Information, Schedule, and Reservations - Placement Center
See if you’re eligible to waive the computerized placement process.
Consists of two parts:
- Reading Comprehension- measures your analytical and comprehensive reading skills and your ability to apply what you have read.
- Sentence Skills - measures your ability to correct sentences by substituting a word or phrase underlined in the sentence. It will also ask you to specifically rewrite sentences without changing the meaning.
- Each part consists of 20 questions and is not timed, but may take up to one hour.
May start with Arithmetic (17 questions), Elementary Algebra (12 questions), or College-Level Math (20 questions) based on your background in math, and may take up to 1.5 hours. Based on your performance, you may branch into other levels.
Note: Please review the study guides and tips before using the computerized placement tool.
- A reservation can be made up to 30 days in advance.
- Upon check-in, students can choose to complete English, math, or both.
- Due to space limitations, please cancel your reservation if you are unable to attend your session.
- If the date you would like to reserve does not show up as a choice, it may be full. However, we are able to accommodate some walk-ins depending on space available.