English and Math Placement Test Information, Schedule, and Reservations - Placement Testing Center
The English placement test has two parts: Sentence Skills and Reading Comprehension.
- Sentence Skills part - measures your ability to correct sentences by substituting a word or phrase underlined in the sentence. It will also ask you to specifically rewrite sentences without changing the meaning.
- Reading Comprehension part - measures your analytical and comprehensive reading skills and your ability to apply what you have read.
- Each part consists of 20 questions each and the test is not timed, but may take approximately one hour.
Depending on your background in math, you will start with either the Arithmetic or the Elementary Algebra test. If you do well in either of these tests, you will automatically proceed to the next higher math test. The test is not timed, but may take approximately 1.5 hours.
Before taking the placement tests, please review the study guides and tips for taking the placement tests.
Important! Due to limited space, students must cancel their reservation reservation to free up space for others. Students can cancel their reservation through the reservation system. Students who miss three appointments without cancellation will be blocked from reserving any further appointments for the remainder of the semester. Please arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment
If the date you would like to reserve does not show up as a choice, it might be full. However, we may be able to accommodate some walk-ins depending on space available.
- Thursday, April 17 @ 9:00am, 1:30pm & 3:00pm
- Monday, April 21 @ 9:00am, 1:30pm & 3:00pm
- Monday, April 28 @ 9:00am, 1:30pm & 3:00pm
- Tuesday, April 29 @ 3:00pm & 5:00pm
- Thursday, May 1 @ 9:00am, 1:30pm & 3:00pm
- Monday, May 5 @ 9:00am, 1:30pm & 3:00pm
- Thursday, May 8 @ 9:00am, 1:30pm & 3:00pm
- Thursday, May 15 @ 9:00am, 1:30pm & 3:00pm
Testing at the Newark Campus in Room NC1102
- Tuesday, April 22 @ 9:00am
- Monday, May 12 @ 9:00am, 1:30pm
To make a reservation for testing at Newark, please call (510) 659-6126 or email email@example.com. Please include your Ohlone ID number and the session you would like to reserve.
Attention: For the New Student Placement Testing with Orientation schedule, go to the Placement Testing with Orientation Schedule.