English and Math Placement Test Information, Schedule, and Reservations - Placement Testing Center
The English placement test has two parts: Reading Comprehension and Sentence Skills.
- Reading Comprehension part - measures your analytical and comprehensive reading skills and your ability to apply what you have read.
- Sentence Skills part - measures your ability to correct sentences by substituting a word or phrase underlined in the sentence. It will also ask you to specifically rewrite sentences without changing the meaning.
- Each part consists of 20 questions and the test is not timed, but may take approximately one hour.
Depending on your background in math, you will start with either the Arithmetic or the Elementary Algebra test. If you do well in either of these tests, you will automatically proceed to the next higher math test. The test is not timed, but may take approximately 1.5 hours.
Before taking the placement tests, please review the study guides and tips for taking the placement tests.
Important! Due to limited space, students must cancel their reservation reservation to free up space for others. Students can cancel their reservation through the reservation system. Students who miss three appointments without cancellation will be blocked from reserving any further appointments for the remainder of the semester. Please arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment
If the date you would like to reserve does not show up as a choice, it might be full. However, we may be able to accommodate some walk-ins depending on space available.
Summer 2015 — For June and July, English and math placement testing will be at the Newark campus, Room NC1310 (Newark Campus Map).
Starting August 10, placement testing will be at the Fremont Campus, Placement Center, Room 7205.
- Newark Campus, Room NC1310
- Monday, July 27 @ 9:00am
- Tuesday, July 28 @ 3:00pm & 5:00pm
- Thursday, July 30 @ 9:00am
- Monday, August 3 @ 9:00am
- Thursday, August 6 @ 9:00am
- Thursday, August 20 @ 3:00pm & 5:00pm
- Fremont Campus, Room 7205
- Monday, August 17 @ 9:00am
- Monday, August 24 @ @ 9:00am, 1:30pm & 3:00pm
- Tuesday, August 25 @ 2:30pm
- Thursday, August 27 @ 9:00am, 1:30pm & 3:00pm
- Monday, August 31 @ 9:00am, 1:30pm & 3:00pm
- Thursday, September 3 @ 9:00am, 1:30pm & 3:00pm
Attention: For the New Student Placement Testing with Orientation schedule, go to the Placement Testing with Orientation Schedule.