English and Math Placement Test Information, Schedule, and Reservations - Placement Testing Center
New Student Placement Testing with Orientation,
June 4-26, 2013.
Before Taking the English/Math Placement Tests
You must complete an Ohlone College Admissions application and receive your Ohlone College student ID number before testing! Submit an online application.
Bring your Ohlone College student ID number. You will receive your student ID number by email after you submit your application. If you have not received your student ID number, email the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not be allowed to take the test without an Ohlone College student ID number.
Bring a photo ID (driver’s license,
The English placement test has two parts: Sentence Skills and Reading Comprehension.
- Sentence Skills part - measures your ability to correct sentences by substituting a word or phrase underlined in the sentence. It will also ask you to specifically rewrite sentences without changing the meaning.
- Reading Comprehension part - measures your analytical and comprehensive reading skills and your ability to apply what you have read.
- Each part consists of 20 questions each and the test is not timed, but may take approximately one hour.
Depending on your background in math, you will start with either the Arithmetic or the Elementary Algebra test. If you do well in either of these tests, you will automatically proceed to the next higher math test. The test is not timed, but may take approximately 1.5 hours.
Before taking the placement tests, please review the study guides and tips for taking the placement tests.
Important! Due to limited space, students must cancel their reservation to free up space for others. Students can cancel their reservation through the reservation system. Students who missed three reservations without cancellation will be blocked from making any further appointments for the remainder of the semester. Please arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment.
Schedule is subject to change. Refer to this page for updates and changes.
- May 6, Monday: 9:00am & 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- May 9, Thursday: 9:00am & 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- May 13, Monday: 9:00am & 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- May 15, Wednesday: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- May 16, Thursday: 9:00am & 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- May 20, Monday: 9:00am & 1:00pm
- May 23, Thursday: 9:00am & 1:00pm
- May 28, Tuesday: 9:00am & 1:00pm
- May 30, Thursday: 9:00am & 1:00pm
- June 3, Monday: 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- June 8, Thursday: 9:00am & 1:30 – 3:00pm
- June 10, Monday: 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- June 12, Wednesday: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- June 13, Thursday: 9:00am & 1:30 – 3:00pm