Steps to Join - The Puente Project
High School Seniors
- Apply to Ohlone College.
- Complete an online Ohlone College application.
- Local Tri-City High School Students: Ohlone will offer an application workshop at your high school this spring. Contact your high school career center or HS counselor for more information or go to College Workshops.
- After your application is processed, you will receive your Ohlone Student ID Number via email. Please keep this ID Number in a safe place; you will need it for the next steps.
- Take the English and Math Placement Tests.
- Study for the placement tests. Not studying may result in placement below your abilities, wasting time, money and possible disqualification from joining the Puente Project. Review online study guides.
- Local Tri-City High School Students: Ohlone will offer a placement test at your high school in the spring. Contact your high school counselor or career center for more information, or go to Placement Tests.
- Attend Freshman Day on May 13 or May 14 at Newark Ohlone.
- After you complete Steps 1 & 2 (early April), go to Freshman Days 2016 and make sure to sign-up (and attend) the Friday evening (May 13) or Saturday morning (May 14) Freshman Day session. The Puente Project might be full by the Saturday afternoon session!
- Once you arrive at Freshman Day, make sure to ask for directions to Mike De Unamuno's New Student/Puente Orientation classroom!
- At Freshman Days, students will:
- Complete the Mandatory Ohlone College and Puente Orientations.
- Meet with their Puente Counselor and English Instructor.
- Register for classes before other high school students.
- Plus, meet other incoming Puente students and learn more about Ohlone College and the Ohlone College Puente Project.
Undocumented/AB-540 students are welcome to join Puente! If you are an Undocumented/AB-540 student, please visit the following websites for more information on enrolling at Ohlone College:
Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".