Steps to Join - The Puente Project
High School Seniors
- Apply to Ohlone College.
- Complete an online Ohlone College application.
- Local Tri-City High School Students: Ohlone will offer an application workshop at your high school during Spring 2015. Contact your high school career center or HS counselor for more information or go to College Workshops.
- After your application is processed, you will receive your Ohlone Student ID Number via email. Please keep this ID in a safe place; you will need it for the next steps.
- Take the English and Math Placement Tests.
- Study for placement tests. Not studying may result in placement below your abilities, wasting time, money and possible ineligibility from joining the Puente Program. Review online study guides.
- Local Tri-City High School Students: Ohlone will offer a placement test at your high school in Spring 2015. Contact your high school counselor or career center for more information, or go to Placement Tests.
- Attend Freshman Day on May 15 or May 16 at Newark Ohlone.
- After you complete Steps 1 & 2, go to Freshman Days 2015 and make sure to sign-up (and attend) the Friday evening (May 15) or Saturday morning (May 16) Freshman Day session. The Puente Program might be full by the Saturday afternoon session!
- Once you arrive at Freshman Day, make sure to ask for directions to Mike De Unamuno's New Student/Puente Orientation classroom!
- At Freshman Days, students will:
- Complete the Mandatory Ohlone College and Puente Orientations.
- Meet with their Puente Counselor and English Instructor.
- Register for classes before other high school students.
- Plus, meet other incoming Puente students and learn more about Ohlone College and the Ohlone College Puente Program.
Undocumented/AB-540 students are welcome to join Puente! If you are an Undocumented/AB-540 student, please visit the following websites for more information on enrolling at Ohlone College:
Current College Students
Current college students who are interested in joining the Ohlone College Puente Program must directly contact:
Mike De Unamuno