Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment (SLOA) Committee
ACCJC Commendation from our External Evaluation Report, dated July 3, 2014
The team commends the College on the planning and facilitation of "Learning College Week" and “Get It Done Day” as an example of campus-wide collaboration, and commitment to a culture of shared responsibility for institutional effectiveness and student success.
The Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment (SLOA) Committee is a subcommittee of the Curriculum Committee.
SLOA Meeting Information for Meeting Schedule, Agenda, and Minutes.
SLO and Assessment Frameworks and Tracking
As of Spring 2013, Course Assessment is on a 4-year cycle. Program Review and Program Assessment is now on a 3-year cycle. GE/Institutional SLO Assessment is on a 4-year cycle to coincide with Course Assessment.
- Course Assessment Schedule (Fall 2015 - Spring 2019)
- Ohlone SLOA Process (PDF)
- Framework Document - Updated Fall 2013 - Cycles and Processes for Course, Program, and Institutional SLO Assessment, Program Review, and Curriculum Review (PDF)
- Course Assessment in a Box, revised June 26, 2014 (DOC)
- Background and Rationale for the Master Course List for Assessment (PDF)
- Master Course List for Assessment and Assessment Tracking (updated April 16, 2016) (PDF)
- Course Assessments 2011-2015 (Faculty by Division) (updated September 10, 2015) (PDF)
- Program SLO Tracking Chart (updated March 3, 2014) (PDF)
General Education Assessment Project
- GE Plan A: Areas Definitions and SLOs (2013-2014) (PDF)
- GE Plan A Target Courses - SLO Assessment 2011-2015 (updated April 6, 2015) (PDF)
- General Education Course Enrollment Analysis by GE Plan A Areas (2010-2011) (PDF)
- General Education Assessment Team Project, From Berkeley ACCJC/WASC Assessment Retreat (October 2011) (PDF)
SLO and Assessment Dialogue
View Featured Sample Assessments from Faculty Presentations at SLOA Committee meetings. See also the Archive of Faculty Assessment Presentations.
Other Dialogue Examples
Go to the Program and Services Review website.
Access to the CurricUNET Program Review Module - Document assessment of course and program SLOs in this module.
SLOA Committee Year-End Reports
- 2015-2016 SLOA Committee Year-End Report (PDF)
- 2014-2015 SLOA Committee Year-End Report (PDF)
- 2013-2014 SLOA Committee Year-End Report (PDF)
- 2012-2013 SLOA Committee Goal Accomplishments (PDF)
- Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment, Action Plan, 2011-2013, Update After Year 1 (May 2012) (PDF)
- 2010-2011 SLOA Committee Goal Accomplishments (PDF)
- 2009-2010 SLOA Committee Goal Accomplishments (PDF)
SLOA Committee Co-Chair
- Leta Stagnaro
SLOA Committee Co-Chair
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".
Microsoft Office or a Microsoft Office Viewer (free) is required to open Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files on this page (marked "DOC", "DOCX", "XLS", "XLSX", "PPT", or "PPS"). Get the Microsoft Office Compability Pack (free) for older versions of MS Office (2000, XP, or 2003).