Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment (SLOA) Committee
The Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment (SLOA) Committee is a subcommittee of the Curriculum Committee.
SLOA Meeting Information for Meeting Schedule, Agenda, and Minutes.
SLO and Assessment Frameworks and Tracking
As of Spring 2013, Course Assessment is on a 4-year cycle. Program Review and Program Assessment is now on a 3-year cycle. GE/Institutional SLO Assessment is on a 4-year cycle to coincide with Course Assessment.
- Framework Document - Updated Fall 2013 - Cycles and Processes for Course, Program, and Institutional SLO Assessment, Program Review, and Curriculum Review (PDF)
- Course Assessment in a Box, revised August 2013 (DOC)
- Background and Rationale for the Master Course List for Assessment (PDF)
- Master Course List for Assessment and Assessment Tracking (updated December 3, 2013) (PDF)
- Adding or Deleting Courses from the Master Course List for SLO Assessment (PDF)
- Course SLO Assessments Planned - Spring 2013 (PDF)
- Course SLO Assessment Follow Up - Fall 2012 (PDF)
- Program SLO Tracking Chart (updated March 21, 2013) (PDF)
General Education Assessment Project
- GE Plan A Area Definitions and SLOs, 2012-2013 (PDF)
- GE Plan A Target Courses - Assessment Update (Spring 2013) (PDF)
- GE Plan A: Areas Definitions, SLOs, and Course Assessment (2011-2012) (PDF)
- General Education Course Enrollment Analysis by GE Plan A Areas (2010-2011) (PDF)
- General Education Assessment Team Project, From Berkeley ACCJC/WASC Assessment Retreat (October 2011) (PDF)
SLO and Assessment Dialogue
View Featured Sample Assessments from Faculty Presentations at SLOA Committee meetings. See also the Archive of Faculty Assessment Presentations Fall 2011-Spring 2012.
Other Dialogue Examples
To be posted.
Go to the Program and Services Review website.
Access to the CurricUNET Program Review Module - Document assessment of course and program SLOs in this module.
SLO Assessment Planning and Implementation
- ACCJC Annual Report (corrected March 22, 2013) (PDF)
- Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment Action Plan 2011-2013, Update After Year 1 (May 2012) (PDF)
- Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment, Status Report and Action Plan, 2011-2013, Working Document (August 2011) (PDF)
- Survey Results, Faculty Use of Assessment Techniques (May 2012) Comparison with May 2011 Results (PDF)
- Survey Results, Faculty Use of Assessment Techniques (May 2011) (PDF)
- Survey Results, SLOAC Members, Proficiency and Sustainability (May 2012) (PDF)
- Survey Results, SLOAC Members, Proficiency and Sustainability (August 2011) (PDF)
- Service Areas – Assessment Flow Plan (April 2011) (PDF)
- Ohlone College Goals 2010-2015
- Student Learning Outcomes by Discipline/Program (2010-2011) (PDF)
- ACCJC - WASC Rubric for Instiutional Effectiveness on SLOs
- Ohlone College Glossary of Planning Terminology (PDF)
- Academic Senate SLO Terminology Glossary (PDF)
A Lighter Side of SLO/A
- A Lighter Side of Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment
- Video: SLOA’s for Dummies: Flex Day Skit Ohlone College, 2009 (Flash) (video is captioned)
SLO and Assessment Resources
Writing Effective Course and Program SLOs
- Creating an Integrated Student Centered Curriculum (PDF)
- Student Learning Outcomes – Course Level (PDF)
- Blooms Taxonomy (PDF)
- Authentic Assessment (May 2011) (PDF)
- Instructional SLOs, Some Ohlone Examples (PDF)
- Designing Rubrics (includes online resources) (PDF)
- Assessment Resources in a virtual Binder, Livebinders
- View WASC Retreat Resources using Dropbox
- Academic Senate of California Community Colleges Guiding Principles for SLO Assessment, Adopted Fall 2010
- Bridging Research, Information & Culture - BRIC Inquiry Guides - The BRIC Inquiry Guides address nine topic areas:
- Assessing Student Learning Outcomes
- Using an Equity Lens to Assess Student Learning
- Assessing Student Services Outcomes
- A Model for Building Information Capacity and Promoting a Culture of Inquiry
- Assessing and Planning for Institutional Effectiveness
- Assessing Basic Skills Outcomes
- Maximizing the Program Review Process
- Turning Data into Meaningful Action
- Research and Assessment for Noncredit Colleges and Programs
SLOA Committee Accomplishments
- 2012-2013 SLOA Committee Goal Accomplishments (PDF)
- Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment, Action Plan, 2011-2013, Update After Year 1 (May 2012) (PDF)
- 2010-2011 SLOA Committee Goal Accomplishments (PDF)
- 2009-2010 SLOA Committee Goal Accomplishments (PDF)
SLOA Committee Co-Chair
- Leta Stagnaro
SLOA Committee Co-Chair
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".
Adobe Flash Player (free) is required to play the multimedia elements on this page.