Smith Center at Ohlone College
- Gary Soren Smith Center for the Fine and Performing Arts
Season of the Arts 2017-2018
Featured Upcoming Events
The Edge of Freedom
- Combating Slavery, Trafficking, and Gender Violence Worldwide
In this one-hour talk, Sarah will discuss her organization's work, will including harrowing but ultimately uplifting stories from her book, “This is No Ordinary Joy,” which tells the story of her work with trafficking survivors, and how it has transformed her life. Sarah's TED-X talk, 'Living Heroically' shares insights learned from survivors on recovering from trauma and living an epic life. More about The Edge of Freedom.
- Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- Jackson Theatre, Smith Center at Ohlone College
- Event Parking: $4
Come audition for HAIRSPRAY
Auditions will be vocals and a short dance combo. There are 2-hour time slots to see both. There are 30 audition-ers per 2-hour time slot. But, if your slot is filled, come anyway and we will fit you in! Please prepare an upbeat song (16-32 bars). Bring sheet music in your key (background music tracks without vocals are also acceptable). Accompanist will be provided. Music must be in the correct key, no transpositions.
- When: 6:00pm -10:00pm April 4 & 5
- Where: Ohlone College – NUMMI Theatre, 43600 Mission Blvd., Fremont, CA
- Sign up for an audition slot
There are 15 audition-ers per time slot. But, if a slot that works for you is filled, come anyway and we will fit you in!
- Bring completed audition forms (please print single sided).
- Event Parking: $4
- Smith Center Performance Calendar
- Music Concerts Schedule
- Theatre and Dance Performance Schedule
- Art Gallery Exhibits and Events Schedule
About the Gary Soren Smith Center for the Fine and Performing Arts
Opened in 1995 on the Ohlone College campus in Fremont, California, the Gary Soren Smith Center for the Fine and Performing Arts houses the G. Craig Jackson main stage theater, the NUMMI studio theater, the Louie-Meager Art Gallery, an outdoor amphitheater, a dance studio, television studios, and a radio station.
The Smith Center at Ohlone College supports the educational needs of the Ohlone College Fine and Performing Arts programs and serves as a cultural center for southern Alameda and northern Santa Clara counties. This state of the art facility is dedicated to providing programming that enriches and enhances the community's cultural life.
For more information, see History of the Smith Center.