Meeting Notes Thursday, September 19, 2013Student Success and Support Programs Committee
In attendance: Jesse MacEwan, Wayne Takakuwa, Ann Burdett, John Mullen, Jennifer Harper and Mark Lieu.
Matriculation Exemptions (Wayne, Jesse)
- The committee agreed to automatically exempt students with an AA degree (or higher) and any special admits (i.e. K-12 students) from the mandated matriculation steps via the CCC apply application
- John will create a request for matriculation exemption form for students who are only at Ohlone for personal enrichment or to take a specific course for employment purposes
- Jesse will put this form on the orientation website and appeals can be routed through any student service office
- John will re-post the up-to-date registration priority groups for students to reference on the admissions website
- We had a preliminary discussion about our need to have the exemptions coded in Colleague for reporting purposes. We'll also need to be able to "flip" this on & off in the event an exempted student chooses to utilize matriculation services.
- Further follow up is needed with other departments within student services (i.e. Financial Aid, Veterans, DSPS) to ensure all individual processes within these departments are accounted for. One example is using/requiring SEPs for priority registration & looking at how this may effect Veteran students who have priority registration (or athletes, etc.).
- We need a person identified to run MIS at Ohlone to help us work through the new reporting mandates
Registration Priority Appeal
- The committee discussed listing the reasons why a student could lose priority (i.e. over 100 units/probation) on the appeal form
- The committee also suggested John add the reasons why a student would appeal their registration priority on the form (i.e. student attended another college)
Future Meeting Schedule
Room 7340, 10-1130am.
- October 10thSSA action plan (Jen/Ron to College Council on 10/14/13) & follow up on: matriculation exemptions, WebAdvisor error messages, orientation blocks
- October 24thBasic Skills update (Mark/Tony)
- November 7th
- November 21st
- December 5th
- MIS/SARS data: what do we need to capture; how to reflect this in SARS
- MIS guidelines
- Student Service divisions discussion on new matriculation processes within individual programs (i.e. requiring SEP for registration priority)
- Confidentiality DSPS vs. EOPS vs. General = duplication of services
- XAP application updates/focusing on new educational goals
- Technical Priorities list