Starfish: Early Alert Program - Student Success and Support Programs Committee
As outlined in our 2015-2016 Student Success and Support Program Plan, the Student Success Committee is working with an Implementation Team to pilot Starfish Early Alert for Spring 2017.
What Is Starfish Early Alert?
- A research-based platform to enhance student success
- Provides faculty with a tool to increase positive faculty-student involvement at the touch of a button
Goals are to increase…
- contact between students and faculty
- contact between students and academic support services
- student utilization of campus support services
- Student success & retention rates
View the Faculty Senate Presentation from December 7, 2017 (not available at this time).
Ohlone’s Starfish Implementation Team
- Tijan White (Coordinator)
- Jennifer Harper (Counselor/Instructor)
- Lenore Landavazo (Counselor)
- Mark Lieu (Dean, Language, Communication & Academic Success)
- Shyam Sundar (Instructor)
- Jennifer Jovel (Instructor)
- Mike Leib (Director, Tutoring)
- Diane Cheney (DSPS)
- Scott Snyder (IT)
- Shaun Vetter (IT)
- Kathleen Schoenecker (IT/MIS)
- Grace Chiao (IT)
- Quan Nguyen (IT/E-Campus)
- Kerrie Kawasaki-Hull (Instructor/ENGL-151A Coordinator)
- Minh-Hoa Ta (VP, Student Services)
- Deborah Griffin (Financial Aid)
- Sally Bratton (Student Health Center)
- Rosemary O’Neill (Personal Counseling)
- Matthew Ng (Researcher)
* All English-151A instructors will pilot Starfish for Spring 2017.