Study Abroad Program
Welcome to Ohlone College's Study Abroad Program website. This site provides interested students with information regarding study abroad opportunities at Ohlone College.
Upcoming opportunities to study abroad include:
Check back later for additional study abroad trips!
Employers want Students with International Literacy Skills
See the American Association of Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) report: Raising the Bar: Employers' Views on College Learning in the Wake of the Economic Downturn (PDF) for information on how study abroad can enhance students’ career prospects.
Among the findings concerning learning outcomes on which employers want colleges to place more emphasis are global issues (67 percent), intercultural competence (71 percent), and intercultural knowledge of global issues (67 percent). While not specifically cited, there is a clear link to international education.
Related to the survey, AAC&U also released a policy paper, The Quality Imperative: Match Ambitious Goals for College Attainment with an Ambitious Vision for Learning (PDF), which calls on academe and policymakers to commit to civic, ethical and cross-cultural learning for every degree program and every student.
International Student Identity Card
ISIC Card/STA travel is offering student exclusive pricing on their Airfare Deposit Program that is available to students on financial aid who are going to study abroad. Eligible students can lock into a specific airfare and then pay the full payment seven days prior to departure. The airfare price is guaranteed upon receipt of the deposit. There is a $300 nonrefundable deposit. This is a special program designed for CCIE member college students. (Ohlone College is a member of CCIE.) For more information, go to www.isic.org, call (800) 535-7172 or email email@example.com.
- Making friends that last a lifetime, one country at a time, April 13, 2012, Tri-City Voice
- Study abroad trip takes student to SE Asia (PDF), August 29, 2011, Ohlone College Monitor, page 4
- West meets East: Students travel to Egypt (PDF), February 10, 2011, Ohlone College Monitor, pages 1, 6
- Ohlone students to visit the Great Sphinx (PDF), October 14, 2010, Ohlone College Monitor, pages 1, 6
- Students spend a summer in China (PDF), September 30, 2010, Ohlone College Monitor, page 4
- Study Abroad returning to Sydney, Australia (PDF), April 29, 2010, Ohlone College Monitor, page 4
- Study abroad next fall: education, kangaroos (PDF), May 7, 2009, Ohlone College Monitor, page 8
- Ohlone goes down under… mate (PDF), March 12, 2009, Ohlone College Monitor, page 5
- Professor to introduce global business (PDF), February 19, 2009, Ohlone College Monitor, page 3
- Meeting offers chance to escape the Bay (PDF), January 26, 2009, Ohlone College Monitor, page 3
- Fewer at Ohlone signing up to study abroad; Deadline Friday for semester of study in Bangalore, India, April 23, 2008, Inside Bay Area
- Rodgers to lead study abroad program (PDF), March 13, 2008, Ohlone College Monitor, page 4
- London-Paris trip now in the works (PDF), November 15, 2007, Ohlone College Monitor, page 4
- India trip planned (PDF), October 11, 2007, Ohlone College Monitor, page 5
- Jo Rainie Rodgers plans trip to Sydney (PDF), October 11, 2007, Ohlone College Monitor, page 4
- Student trip to N.Y. planned (PDF), September 20, 2007, Ohlone College Monitor, page 5
- First meeting held for Sydney trip (PDF), March 15, 2007, Ohlone College Monitor, page 5
- Another chance at Australia trip (PDF), February 15, 2007, Ohlone College Monitor, pages 1, 6
- Ohlone seeks adventurers for India trip; 17-day tour includes visits to the Golden Triangle, Taj Mahal, October 8, 2006, Inside Bay Area: The Argus
- Students say 'g'day mate' from Sydney (PDF), October 5, 2006, Ohlone College Monitor, pages 1, 4
- Study abroad in India (PDF), September 21, 2006, Ohlone College Monitor, pages 1, 6
- Got summer plan? See plays in London (PDF), February 17, 2005, Ohlone College Monitor, page 6
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".