India Semester Abroad Summer 2008 - Study Abroad Program
Adjunct Professor Raj Ayyar will accompany the students to India and will teach the course "Introduction to Asian Religions" (PHIL-110). His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer 2008 Tour Dates:
June 1 - July 31
Spend your first week in New Delhi, Agra, & Jaipur; then move to the International Center for Management and India Studies (ICMIS) in Bangalore.
- Thursday, March 18, 2008
Lobby of Buliding 1, Fremont campus
Courses at ICMIS
- ANTH 102 Cultural Anthropology (3 units)
- BA 125 Introduction to business (3 units)
- BA 203 Special Projects in Business (1-3 units)
- ENG 203 Travel Journaling (3 units)
- PHIL 110 Introduction to Asian Religions (3 units)
(Students will be registered Ohlone College students.)
Weekend Excursions Include
- Belur and Halebid: Exquisite temples and Jain shrines
- Cochin/Aleppey: Explore this historical city
- Mysore and Coorg (optional weekends)
Meet Great People!
- Your fellow American students
- Your fellow Indian students
- Your dormitory mates
- A whole city full of fascinating people
Estimated Cost for Trip
$4,900 per person.
A check for $400 payable to Ohlone College must accompany your application. Students meeting the first application deadline will be given first priority for stuy in India. Additional information is available in the Application for the India Study Abroad Program (PDF).
- April 30, 2008
Applying for a Visa
The student needs to visit: www.cgisf.org and click on the Indian visa link. Whereupon, s/he is led, step by step, through the whole process of applying either online, or in person at their office on Arguello in SF.
Skip plugin info.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".