Concurrent Enrollment / Cross Registration - Transfer Center
Ohlone College participates in a program with University of California, Berkeley and California State University, East Bay that allows currently enrolled students to also attend classes at the participating university. Each university has their respective requirements, outlined below, which you must meet before applying to the program. If you feel that you are eligible, you must meet with your Ohlone College counselor to pick up the appropriate documentation.
- Completion of 20 UC-transferable units, including English 101A, with a minimum 2.4 grade point average
- Offered Fall and Spring semesters only
- Must be full-time status (12 units min) at Ohlone College, including the units for the one course they will be permitted to take at the University, during participation
- Limit is 2 courses total (1 course per semester)
- Completion of any necessary prerequisite courses for the planned University course
- Enrollment is permitted in course after all registered and added Berkeley students - discretion is up to instructor(s)
- Work completed is reported on Ohlone College transcript
- After attending a concurrent enrollment workshop, complete the UCB Concurrent Enrollment Questionnaire (PDF) and make an appointment with Stephanie Ramos in the Counseling Department.
- Sample UCB-CC Petition for Concurrent Enrollment Form (PDF). (Note: This file is a read-only sample and cannot be printed or modified.)
- Spring 2014 Restricted CE Courses (PDF)
"I really enjoyed this [UC Berkeley Concurrent Enrollment] program as it allowed me the opportunity to experience taking a course at a university and see what it would be like.
The course I took was at UC Berkeley, which was great for me since that was the school I wanted to transfer to.
My advice would be don't over extend yourself with classes. I had to take BART every week which was an experience on its own, but I would recommend this program to anyone, I've learned so much about UCB and my own abilities."
- Completion of 20 units at Ohlone College with minimum 2.0 grade point average
- Offered Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 semester units at Ohlone College
- Enrollment allowed in no more than two undergraduate courses on a space available basis – discretion is up to instructor
- Lower Division courses cannot be offered at Ohlone College at any time during the academic year
- Participating students will have access to all academic facilities and instructional programs, and establish a CSUEB record
- Complete the CSUEB Cross-Registration Application (PDF) and make an appointment with an Ohlone College counselor.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".