Financial Aid Resources for Undocumented Students (AB 540) - Transfer Center
If you are an undocumented immigrant, you may qualify for “in-state” tuition at a California public college/university. To qualify, you must
- Have completed at least three years of high school in California
- Graduated from a California high school or received your GED in California
- Sign an affidavit promising to legalize your residency as soon as you’re eligible to do so
Here are a few scholarships available to undocumented students. Remember, you should never pay to access scholarship opportunities.
- Paying for College - AB 540
- College Sense
- East Bay Consortium
- Educators for Fair Consideration
- Fellowships Connection
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Paying for College Scholarships List (PDF)
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".