GPA Calculator - Transfer Center
How to Calculate Your Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Your grade point average (GPA) is calculated by dividing the total amount of grade points earned by the total amount of attempted units with grades. Your grade point average may range from 0.0 to 4.0.
- P/NP (Pass/No Pass) or CR/NC (Credit/No Credit) courses are not factored in the calculation of your GPA.
- I (Incompletes) and W (Withdrawals) do not receive grade points and are not factored in the calculation of your GPA. However, if you do not complete the "Incomplete Grade Contract" (reference Ohlone Catalog), the I will convert and should be calculated as an F.
- R (Repeats) - When the course in which you received a substandard grade (D or F) is repeated, the second grade should be calculated in your GPA in lieu of the first grade.
To use the GPA Calculator
- Enter the course name (optional)
- Select the grade received.
- Select the appropriate Term (Semester or Quarter).
- Enter course units in the Units column.
- Add rows as needed.
- Click on "Calculate GPA" to find your GPA.
- To calculate a CSU-transferrable GPA, include courses that are CSU-transferrable. (ie. Accepted for Credit: CSU or Accepted for Credit: CSU & UC)
- To calculate a UC-transferrable GPA, include courses that are UC-transferrable. (ie. Accepted for Credit: CSU & UC)