Summer Programs for Transfer Students: Transfer Programs - Transfer Center
Students selected for this five-week program (early August through early September), will gain critical preparation for their intended major, mentorship, research skills training; eight UC Irvine course credits; priority residential housing for fall quarter; priority consideration for the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program for the academic year and following summer; and priority enrollment for fall Transfer Seminars.
To be considered for the program, students must log on to MyAdmissionsApplication@UCI (www.admissions.uci.edu) and complete an application. About 20 participants will be selected from the UC Irvine fall transfer applicant pool.
UC Irvine Office of Admissions and Relations with Schools
Telephone Number: (949) 824–9291
- SITE: Summer Intensive Transfer Experience
- SITE is a six-day residential program teaches students how to navigate the community college system and gives them the experience of life on a UC campus. Two one-week sessions are planned.
- STP: Summer Transfer Program
- STP is a six-day residential program for students who are close to transferring to UC that provides them with the skills to plan and complete the appropriate coursework and assists them with the UC application process. Participants, who must be selected by their community colleges, must be continuing community college students, have completed English Composition or higher with a grade of C or better, be in progress toward completing UC's transferable math requirement and show interest in applying to UC in the fall after the program.
- STEP: Summer Transfer Enrichment Program
- The six-week STEP program allows community college students to take a lower-division course for credit at UCLA in the summer. Students also must participate in a supplementary program that meets weekly and includes mentorship, workshops, tutoring, study sessions and discussion of the UC undergraduate application and financial aid process.
Contact for all programs:
Summer Transitions is a special program during UC Santa Barbara's summer sessions (late June through early August, and early August through mid-September), Summer Transitions helps incoming transfer students adjust to the new academic, social and physical environment of the research-oriented university.
Students may attend one or both of UCSB's summer sessions. Per-unit fees are capped at 8 units, so that students may take more than 8 units for full credit at no additional cost.
In late May and early June, UCSB offers Advising Days, one-day advising sessions, to give students in the Transitions program the opportunity to enroll in courses, meet with an adviser and learn the many how-to's that new students are required to know. Through the Transitions at Work program, students are assisted in finding summer jobs on campus.