Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAGs) - Transfer Center

Q: How many TAGs may I sign?

The University of California (UC) campuses limit students to one UC TAG. There are no limits for TAGs to other participating universities.

Q: Do I have to go to that university if I get in through TAG?

No, a space is reserved for you and you can decide which university is most appropriate for you.

Q: Can international students sign a TAG?

Provided you meet all other TAG requirements, international students may sign a TAG with UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Merced, UC Riverside, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, UC Santa Cruz, and Santa Clara University. However, if you have coursework from a college or university outside of the United States, please discuss TAG eligibility details with an Ohlone counselor.

Q: Can nursing majors apply for TAG?

No, but students can TAG to CSU East Bay for the Pre-Nursing major.

Q: When is the deadline to sign a TAG?

Most deadlines and filing periods occur between September and November of the year before you transfer. Santa Clara University’s filing period is from January through March. Students are highly encouraged to attend a TAG workshop and meet with an Ohlone Counselor for course planning at least one semester before you apply for TAG to ensure that you have met eligibility requirements.

Feel free to visit the Ohlone College Transfer Center, located in the third floor lobby of Building 7. You can also email us at

Students in ASL classroom.