Veterans Affairs Office
Priority Registration for Veterans for Summer 2016 and Fall 2016
Priority registration for Veterans, Active Duty, and Reservists for Summer/Fall 2016 semesters: Monday, April 25, 2016. Get more information about Priority Registration.
Charge in-state tuition for recently discharged veterans and their eligible family members). Get more information about VACA.
Ohlone Veteran Affairs Office Overview
The Veterans Affairs Administration is authorized by law to provide a wide range of benefits to those who have served their country in the Armed Forces and to their dependents. The Ohlone College Veterans Affairs Office is primarily responsible for administration of veteran educational benefits programs.
Services provided to veterans and veteran dependents at Ohlone College include:
- Assist in completion of VA educational assistance forms.
- Act as liaison between the VA, Oakland; VA, Muskogee, Oklahoma; and the veteran.
- Act as liaison between veterans and the Ohlone College Counseling Department.
- Verify student's academic records for veterans' academic progress and military credit.
- Provide information regarding VA laws, regulations and College policy.
- Provide special assistance to Veteran Vocational Rehabilitation students including priority registration and assistance with special needs.
- Act as liaison between veterans and Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Department.
For additional information about financial aid and scholarships, please visit the Financial Aid Office.
Training Resource for Faculty and Staff
We encourage veterans attending Ohlone College to contact our office in person, by phone, or by email with any questions pertaining to their education, or any of their VA Educational Benefits.
- Room 7249, Building 7, second floor, Fremont campus
- Fall and Spring Semesters and Summer Term
- Monday - Thursday:
- 9:00am - 11:30am
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Holidays and Breaks: Closed
- Monday - Thursday:
It is recommended that students call or make an appointment in advance before coming in. For new students: Please make an appointment in advance by calling (510) 659-6199 or emailing email@example.com.
(Schedule is subject to change without notice.)
Staff for Veterans Affairs
- California Community Colleges: Troops to College
- California Department of Veterans Affairs
- Go Grad - Paying for Graduate School for Military Veterans
- Returning Active Duty Service Members
- Today’s GI Bill
- VA Facilities Locator & Directory
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Veterans Benefits and Services: Education Benefits: GI Bill
- CalVet Women Veterans Roster
- Swords to Plowshares
- Women Veterans
- Women Veterans Connect
- Women Veterans Healthcare