College Fee Waiver for Veteran's Dependents Program 2013-2014 - Veterans Affairs Office

Ohlone College does not monitor the College Fee Waiver Program. To apply for this program, please follow the steps below:

  1. Complete the application and take it to your local County Veteran's Service Office for processing.
  2. After you receive the College Fee Waiver Authorization, complete the 2014-2015 Board of Governors Fee Waiver Application (PDF). Turn both forms to the Financial Aid Office at Ohlone College so your Fee Waiver can be processed. If you are interested in additional grants, you can apply for FAFSA at the website Ohlone's School Code is 004481.

The California College Fee Waiver (CFW) program benefits the spouse and children of U.S. veterans. Students meeting the eligibility criteria may get their college fees waived if they attend a California Community College, a California State University, or University of California campus.

Female student outside at Fremont campus.

To be eligible, students must:

  • Have a parent who is a disabled veteran (0% or more disabled); or
  • Have a spouse or domestic partner who is service-connected (S/C) deceased or rated 100% S/C disabled.
  • Be a child earning less than $12,119 per year (student’s income, not parents’). Note: There is no income limit for a spouse, domestic partner or children of S/C deceased or 100% S/C veterans.
  • Attend a California Community College, California State University, or a University of California school.
  • Provide proof of the student's relationship to the veteran such as a copy of a birth, marriage or domestic partnership certificate.

Applicants to the program must submit proof of income, such as a copy of the previous year's tax return, with your application. If the student had no income, a statement to that effect can be obtained from either the Franchise Tax Board or the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). You can call the Franchise Tax Board at (800) 852-5711, or call the IRS at (800) 829-1040.

More information can be found at California Association of County Veteran's Service Officers, Inc.

Alameda County Veteran's Services

  • Stewart Smith, County Veteran's Service Officer
    6955 Foothill Boulevard, Suite 300
    Oakland, CA 94605
    Hours: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
    Phone: (510) 577-1926
    Fax: (510) 577-1947

  • Gail White, Veteran's Representative
    24100 Amador Street, 3rd Floor
    Hayward, CA 94544
    Hours: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
    Phone: (510) 265-8271

  • Bruce Choy, Veteran's Representative
    39155 Liberty Street, Suite F620
    Fremont, CA 94538
    Hours: Tuesday & Thursday, 9:00am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 5:00pm
    Phone: (510) 265-8271

  • 1504 Franklin Street, Suite 200
    Oakland, CA 94612
    Hours: Wednesday & Friday, 9:00am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 5:00pm
    Phone: (510) 763-3904

See also Veteran's Services at Alameda County Social Services Agency.

Skip plugin info.

Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".