Resources - Web Center
Learn web technologies used for creating web pages:
- Web Design Training at Ohlone
- Copyright - Learn about copyright law and use of materials for academic purposes.
- Web Page Design - Great stuff about general web design information and how tos.
- About Browsers - There are many web browsers and no two display web pages in the same way. Learn more here.
- Web Accessibility - Learning Resources - Learn what web accessibility is and why we need to create accessible web pages.
- Quick Checklist for Usability and Web Accessibility
- Full Checklist of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Checkpoints
- XHTML and HTML - Learn about XHTML and HTML: What it is, how to write it properly. Includes information about DOCTYPEs.
- Style Sheets - Style sheets should be used instead of <font> tag to change the font size, style and color.
- Color on the Web - Learn about the 256 web-safe colors.
- Writing for the Web - Content is king and writing for the web is different than writing for print. It uses less words and more punch. Learn more about it.
- Graphics - Learn the basics about graphics for websites.
- <meta> Tags - Use <meta> tags for better search engine results.
- Validation - Learn why you should validate your web pages to web standards.
- Testing Your Website - Test your web pages on as many browsers and operating systems as possible before it is published live.
After you've become familiar with the basics, you may want to learn more advanced web technologies:
- Multimedia - What is multimedia? You've already worked with images and text, what else is there? Learn about Macromedia Flash, sound, and video.
- HTML Forms - Get feedback and other information from your site visitors using an online form. Instructions for using a form on the Ohlone College are included.
- Encoding Email - Convert email adresses into a spam-proof format to include on your web pages.
- Email Newsletters, HTML Email - Pros and cons and how-to information.