Download and Install FileZilla for Windows and Mac - Web Center
DO NOT install software on your campus computer. You must contact the ITS Service Desk for assistance. The information is provided to you for your use on your home computer for non-commercial use only.
FileZilla is a free secure FTP solution for Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac computers.
You will need to download and install the program if you want access to your website directory from a non-campus computer.
- Go to the FileZilla website at filezilla-project.org
- Select Download FileZilla Client (you do not want the FileZilla Server)
- Select the appropriate link for your computer to download
- Save the file to your computer's hard drive (make note of the filename and make sure you know which directory you put the installation file in)
- Go to the directory where you saved the installation file
- Double-click on the installation file to begin the installation process
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation
- For Windows, the installation process adds a new program group called "FileZilla FTP Client" to your Windows "Start > Programs" menu
- For Mac, the installation process adds a FileZilla Client folder to your computer
View the Using FileZilla tutorial (available for Windows only at this time, but Mac users may find it useful).