Download, Install, and Purchase MacSFTP for Mac Computers - Web Center
DO NOT install software on your campus computer. You must contact the ITS Service Desk for assistance. The information is provided to you for your use on your home computer.
The MacSFTP program is a shareware program. It can be purchased at www.securemac.com/macsftp.php. The software is available for a free 15-day trial period and then you must purchase the software to continue using it.
You will need to download, install, and purchase the program if you want access to your website directory from a non-campus Mac computer.
NOTE: MacSFTP is not the same program as MacSSH. MacSSH is a command-line driven utility. MacSFTP has a graphical user interface allowing for dragging and dropping of files from and to your website directory. You want to get the MacSFTP program.
- Go to the MacSSH website at www.securemac.com/macsftp.php
- Select one of the download links on that page:
- Try this first: MacSFTP Carbon 1.0b2 [securemac.com]
- MacSFTP Classic 1.0b2 [securemac.com] - if the above doesn't work on your computer, you don't have the Carbon Library; use MacSFTP Classic instead
- Save the file to your computer's hard drive (it should by default save onto your computer's desktop)
- If your Mac is setup to automatically unzip .sit files, the downloaded file will automatically unzip and there should be an installation folder for MacSFTP on your desktop. If not, you will need to install an unzip program (such as Aladdin Stuff-It Expander) on your computer.
- The unzip program will create the MacSFTP program folder.
View the Using MacSFTP tutorial.
Follow the instructions included with the MacSFTP program to purchase the program. It will expire and you will no longer be able to use it at the end of the 15-day trial period.