Download and Install SSH Secure Shell: Secure File Transfer Client for Windows - Web Center
DO NOT install software on your campus computer. You must contact the ITS Service Desk for assistance. The information is provided to you for your use on your home computer for non-commercial use only.
For non-commercial use only, you may for free download and install the SSH Secure Shell program for Windows computers. Be sure to review the license agreement that comes with the software. You can use the software for non-commercial use (i.e., academic or personal use).
You will need to download and install the program if you want access to your website directory from a non-campus Windows computer.
Downloadng SSH Secure Shell
The SSH Secure Shell Client for Windows installation file is approximately 6 MB in size. Download time will vary depending on how fast your internet connection is.
- Save this file to your computer's hard drive (make sure you know which directory you put the installation file in):
Install SSH Secure Shell
- Using My Computer or Windows Explorer, go to the directory where you saved the installation file (the filename is: SSHSecureShellClient-3.2.9.exe)
- Double-click on the installation file to begin the installation process
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation
- The installation process adds a new program group called "SSH Secure Shell" to your Windows "Start > Programs" menu. There are 2 different programs included with the SSH Secure Shell client. You will use only the "Secure File Transfer Client".
View the Using the SSH Secure Shell: Secure File Transfer Client for Windows tutorial.