Video / Audio / Multimedia on Ohlone College Websites - Web Center
How to Format a Text Transcript
Use MS Word and format it as follows:
- Include identifying information (at top): Title, Source, Date Produced (such as: The Real World Ohlone, Ohlone College, 2004).
- Use headings and subheadings to divide information into logical groups
- Split text into short paragraphs for better online reading
- For lists of information, use bulleted lists
- Indicate who is speaking. The first time someone speaks, identify the person by Full Name and Title/Type of Person. When that person speaks thereafter, identify them by Full Name or an Abbreviated Name. Example: First time: "John Johnson, Ohlone College student transferring to UC Berkeley"; then: "John".
- Describe the meaning of non-decorative images, graphs, charts
- Describe activities in video, especially if important for transitioning from section to section (such as: Driving to the airport)
- See also: Audio Information and Collated Text Transcripts
Examples of Ohlone College Videos and Text Transcripts
- Embedded Transfer Center Tips Video with transcript link and the (very nice!) Transcript for Transfer Center Video 2008.
- Radio news reports regarding the opening of the Newark Center (audio files with transcripts)
- Smith Center Facilities Tour videos (video files with transcripts)