Web Team Newsletter - August 14, 2007
Websites need care and feeding too!
The start of the Fall 2007 semester means it is time to make updates to Ohlone College websites!
A Website is an Important MARKETING TOOL…
It should provide current, interesting, and important information about the business of the organization and the benefits to the organization's customers.
Our BUSINESS is education.
Our CUSTOMERS are current, new, and prospective students; their parents; the community and businesses around the College; and our faculty, staff, and administration.
Current, new, and prospective students EXPECT Ohlone's website to provide interesting and helpful information about our degrees and programs, as well as how to be successful during and after college.
New Semester = Time for Website Updates
- Does your department have new programs? new procedures? a new marketing message? new faculty, staff, or administrative personnel?
- Is the contact information for your department posted - and is it still correct?
- Are your department's office hours posted - and are they still correct?
- What other information could be provided to your students and other members of the College community?
- Review the Checklist for Ohlone College Website Updates
Did You Know…?
Ohlone has online photo galleries at Google's Picasa Web Albums? (http://picasaweb.google.com/ohlonecollegephotos/) These are a recent addition to the Ohlone website. The galleries are linked to from a variety of Ohlone College websites - including Newark Center Construction Photos and Fremont Campus Construction Updates.
Please email the Web Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments and questions. Thank you!