Home Energy Retrofit Occupations (HERO) - Environmental Studies
Because the HERO grant has ended and funding is no longer available, no further classes are planned.
Free Job Training:
Solar Sales & Design Training
Training at no cost to you! Starts January 31, 2013!
- Do you have a proven sales track record & are interested in working in the Solar or Energy industry?
- Gain the skills & knowledge to sell solar energy systems for residential or small commercial markets!
Program graduates hired by Solar City, Real Goods Solar, Future Energy Savers, The Solar Company, Solar Technologies, Synergy Conservation Solutions, A1 Solar Power, Solar Universe!
Design PV systems; develop & present a sophisticated solar sales proposal. Topics include:
- Residential & small commercial PV system design
- Sizing & cost estimation
- Industry tools for calculating ROI & customer value
- Presentation, client interview & marketing practice
- Solar energy proposal including financials
- Opportunity to connect with industry experts
Training Dates and Location
- January 31 - April 11, 2013, Tuesday and Thursday
- 1:00pm - 6:00pm
- 90 hours, includes training & NABCEP prep and exam
- Ohlone College Newark Center for Health Sciences and Technology, 39399 Cherry Street, Newark, CA (Maps and Directions)
- HERO Solar Sales & Design Training flyer (PDF)
- Sales, prospecting & closing experience
- Passionate interest in solar or energy field
- BA/BS or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- MS Office proficiency; CRM & design programs a plus
- Analytical; perform math calculations
- Self-motivated & extremely goal-oriented
- Preference given to unemployed job seekers & veterans
Sign Up Now!
To learn more about the next steps, contact Kelly Green, HERO Program Coordinator at Ohlone College, at (510) 742-2334 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the last training session through our HERO grant - the grant ends June 30, 2013.
See also the list of previously offered HERO Job Training Courses.
The Home Energy Retrofit Occupations (HERO) is funded by a $2.5 million Community Based Job Training Grant, as implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration and hosted by San Mateo County Human Services Agency. This program constitutes 100% of federal grant funds received.
The population HERO serves includes dislocated and unemployed workers, incumbent workers and returning veterans. Tthe HERO program aims to fulfill the need for training workforce in the home performance industry, improve both local and regional economic development, and sustain and grow current and future program activities with its project partners.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".