Professional Activities of Alison Kuehner, Professor English & Gender and Women's Studies Departments
- A Positive Approach to Good Grammar, Great Writing, and Better Reading. <Link to Grammar Presentation pdf>. National Association of Developmental Education Conference, 2016: Anaheim, CA.
- How to Get Developmental Students to Read Difficult Texts and Like It. with Jennifer Hurley. National Association of Developmental Education Conference, 2016: Anaheim, CA.
- The Power of Integrated Reading and Writing for Developmental Students. with Jennifer Hurley. Accelerated Learning Conference, June 2015: Costa Mesa, CA.
- Lessons Learned from Successful Developmental Students <Link to ECCTYC Fall 2013 Power Point>. English in the Two-Year Colleges Conference, 2013: Anaheim, CA.
- Preparing Students for Success in Transfer-level Composition: Faculty Beliefs and Student Experiences. <Link to Student Success F2012 Power Point>. Strengthening Student Success Conference, Oct. 2012: Costa Mesa, CA.
- The Purpose-Driven Reader (PDF). College Reading and Learning Association, Nov. 2011: San Diego, CA.
- The Savvy Reader (PDF). English Council of California Two-Year Colleges, Oct. 2009: Pasadena, CA.
- Blueprint for Higher Level Reading and Thinking (PDF). Strengthening Student Success Conference, Oct. 2008: Anaheim, CA.
- Making Reading Real (PDF). Northern California College Reading Association Conference, March 2008: Monterey, CA.
- What the Research Says on Using Computers to Teach College Students Reading Skills (PDF). Northern California College Reading Association Conference, March 2004: Santa Clara, CA.
Cengage Travel Award for Teachers of Reading at a Community College. Awarded at the College Reading and Learning Association Conference, 2011Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".