Brenda Ahntholz - Professor - Speech and Communication Studies Department
Speech and Communication Studies Department
Faculty Advisor: Speech & Communications Studies Club and Sigma Chi Eta Honor Society
Room 2305, Building 2, third floor, Fremont campus
See Brenda Ahntholz's Profile on the Maggie Morrisson Speech Communication Lab website for biographical information.
- Ed. D. (in-progress) Higher Education Administration, Alliant International University
- Emphasis: Cross Cultural Studies
- M.A. Communication Studies, University of Northern Iowa
- Emphasis: Interpersonal Communication, Gender Communication, and Communication Education
- B.A. Journalism/Public Relations, University of Nebraska, Omaha
- WSCA, Western States Communication Association
- National Communication Association
- Paper for Western States Communication Association Conference. Palm Springs, CA, February 2006. Co-Teaching Whiteness as a Mixed Race Team: Reflections of an Intercultural Communication Class.
- Presenter for Western States Communication Association Conference. Great Ideas For Teaching Speech (G.I.F.T.S.). 2001-2005.
- Community College Planner for Western States Communication Association Conference. Albuquerque, NM, February 2004.
- Panel Chair for Western States Communication Association Conference. Albuquerque, NM, February 2004. Creativity in Community College Communication Curriculum.
- Panel Chair for Western States Communication Association Conference. Salt Lake City, UT, February 2003. Great Ideas For Teaching Speech (G.I.F.T.S.).
- Paper for National Communication Association Annual Conference. Atlanta, GA, November 2000. Conflict management in lesbian interpersonal relationships: A preliminary qualitative investigation.
- Panelist for Western States Communication Association Conference. Sacramento, CA, February 2000. Model teaching program awarded to Ohlone College.
- Trainer for Growth & Opportunity, Inc. Gilroy, CA, October 1999. Team Building Strategies.
- Panelist for UNI’s Diversity Week, 1994. Sexual diversity.
- Panelist at the National Women’s Studies Association Conference. Ames, IA, 1994. Women’s interpersonal isolationism in rural Iowa.
- Presenter for UNI’s Communication Studies Colloquium Series, 1994. Hearing women’s voices: Oral histories of rural Iowa farm women.
- Actor in UNI’s Interpreter’s Theatre, 1994. Being East Indian in America: A true test of Shakti.
- Panelist for UNI’s Gender Equality Association, 1993. What is feminism?